New in Charlottesville

Hello all. I moved up to the central VA area from Atlanta last March. Now that my house sold, I've moved out of my buddy's basement and into a house where I'll be setting up my tank(s) again.

I was an active member of the Atlanta Reef Club for years and look forward to getting back into the hobby here in VA and supporting this club.

Now all I need is to win the lottery so I can open a reef store in C'ville. :biggrin:

Hi George. Welcome to WAMAS. Tell us more about your system and experience.

I've been keeping things under water ("It has to die if it gets out of the tank" was my mother's motto for pets) for over 3 decades. I've been doing reefs since 1997 with some gaps because of moves or tank changes. About 8 years of total up-time with tanks. Mostly "smaller" tanks of the sub-100g size.

I've done the full gamut of SPS, LPS, and soft corals along with clams, but fairly small fish experience since I was usually focused on the corals.

My current tanks (not setup) are 2x 25g and a 60g Oceanic hex that I'll probably add a 55g refugium to and do a common display plumbing. I just moved so right now it's unpacking time so I can get everything cleared for the fish room.

I'm a big fan of tinkering and experimentation so I go for a lot of DIY stuff over store-bought.

Did you help out @ macna? Great show down there.

Thanks! Yes, I did help out with the setup on Thursday and then at the registration booth on Friday. The show was amazing.

• 3 weeks later...

Welcome, let me know if you ever need anything, my inlaws live in Remington so bout 30 minuts from you most likely and im out your way every so often to help with their 110, drink his good beer, and say hello of course.