Oh, no Mr. Bill! Someone get the super-glue!!

lanman

So I was cleaning the glass on the front of my tank - just like I do every few days... but apparently, my Leishman's Red Tabling Acro had grown just a fraction of an inch in the last few days. I just 'touched' the tip of the coral closest to the glass.

And broke off a branch!!

leish1.jpg

A foot wide branch!!!

leish2.jpg

:cry:

bob

holy crap thats a freaking tree.

really nice piece by itself but man no you just get a second colony or a whole bunch of frags.

sorry about your coral felling (is that how you spell it when you cut down a tree felling)

Bob,

You might just have the right idea. Just glue it back together. The coral should fuse together again at the surface and might hold it all together.

Nadir

To make it stick, I'd have to get the colony out of the water. NOT an easy task. I will just glue the 'frag' to a nice sized rock, and let it grow.

bob

bob,

how long have you had it? i assume the autosignature in your post is that piece, how long was that taken and how big was it then.

wow, nice "frag"

I think the autosig picture was taken about a year ago. I've had the piece for 3 years. It is a fast grower. At one point, it stretched most of the way across Leishman's tank. Before I cut off one big frag so I could move it (went to either Flowerseller or Davelin), and now that piece fell off - it was well over a foot in all directions, with 4 big 'tables'. I will give it more growing room as I re-aquascape.

bob

You need a bigger tank so those things have more room to grow.

Hey Bob, I have a spot for it on my frag rack. It'll fit perfectly...

Btw, It's Leishman's fault it broke.

That Sucks Bob! How hard did you hit that thing? :(

Just barely touched it with the mag-float. I think it was as much the weight of the 'table' as the fact I touched it. Happens all the time in nature, I reckon.

bob

Um, honey, I myself would call that a colony......... :rolleyes:

It's not a colony until I say it's a colony. :) Which will be the day after it starts encrustng on a rock.

Now to find an appropriate rock.

bob

Bob, I have a rock with nothing on it! It NEEDS that "frag" to help my tank look like it's not bare. :biggrin: So if you can't find a place we'll all be glad to help you out.

Super glue on frag, epoxy and then super glue on the other end of the frag then a rock placed under the frag to keep it in place for 5-10 mins while it all sets should work.

To make it stick, I'd have to get the colony out of the water. NOT an easy task. I will just glue the 'frag' to a nice sized rock, and let it grow.

bob

Epoxy, glue and a few daisy-chained zip ties would hold it in place long enough for the coral to fuse back together, especially if you lightened the load by fragging off several of the distal branches that were creeping to the glass.

Edited by OUsnakebyte