If I have to buy a new 110 gallon tank, who would have the best price?

TonyInVa

Petland had the cheapest tank prices when I was shopping around last. I would just shot everyone in the vendor section a PM with what you are looking for and see what they can do for you.

Edited by Coral Hind

Also, I would consider getting a tank that isn't reef ready. Get your overflows from glassholes.com and drill them yourself. You will be very happy with the amount of space you will keep in the tank doing it that way. Those AGA type overflows take up a lot of room.

Petland had the cheapest tank prices when I was shopping around last. I would just shot everyone in the vendor section a PM with what you are looking for and see what they can do for you.

+1

Also, I would consider getting a tank that isn't reef ready. Get your overflows from glassholes.com and drill them yourself. You will be very happy with the amount of space you will keep in the tank doing it that way. Those AGA type overflows take up a lot of room.

+1

In addition to the space issue, most of the reef ready tanks have a 1" overflow. If you get an overflow kit from glassholes, you can go with a 1.5" overflow to allow for much greater flow. While you probably don't want a ton of water pushing through your sump, IMO it's better to have a 1.5" overflow, especially for a tank of that size.

wish I know about this before I bought a new 150H corner-flo tank. atleast none of the panels are tempered. This reminds me of flowerseller's (main display) tank setup. like how no need for huge bulky overflow box.

Seems like a good idea, but I am not sure about cutting glass.

Drilling and it's really easy and simple. The first time is very nerve racking, but after that it just becomes a pain in the butt. When you get to that point, you'll find that most of wamas will volunteer to help you.

Drilling and it's really easy and simple. The first time is very nerve racking, but after that it just becomes a pain in the butt. When you get to that point, you'll find that most of wamas will volunteer to help you.

I would call Roozen's (they had the hands down cheapest price on Oceanic 125 RR when I bought mine several years ago). I called everyone.

Also, as much as I dislike their service and livestock, I have bought a few tanks from SuperPetz. I would call them also.

Also, Wally's sometimes has surprising prices. I would call them, too.

I think Mr. Coral sells them at cost (no retail mark-up)... at least he used to.

I think Mr. Coral sells them at cost (no retail mark-up)... at least he used to.

I pm him several days ago he is supposed to be getting me a price.

I pm him several days ago he is supposed to be getting me a price.

I also have a 150 reef ready with sump & stand to sell if you're interested. The craigs list ad is here http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/for/1491592385.html Just make a best offer