Cozy clownfish

Boxxr

Anyone know where the cozy clownfish moved to? I finally decided to check out the store only to find the place closed. The website is still up and the number goes to voicemail.

Mathis Ave in Manassas, they share the storefront with an Appliance Parts store. Same shopping center as Bowl America @ 9000 Mathis Ave. Is this where you went?

Anyone know where the cozy clownfish moved to? I finally decided to check out the store only to find the place closed. The website is still up and the number goes to voicemail.

They are in the process of moving - to where Cordis fish used to be. Down Liberia Avenue a couple blocks - JUST past the Home Depot.

bob

They are in the process of moving - to where Cordis fish used to be. Down Liberia Avenue a couple blocks - JUST past the Home Depot.

bob

They are officially moved(or at least that is what the email said). Much larger store and apparently a very large fresh water area. I believe the new name is Aquatic obsession or something like that.

They are officially moved(or at least that is what the email said). Much larger store and apparently a very large fresh water area. I believe the new name is Aquatic obsession or something like that.

I was there today talking with Greg. It is Aquatic Obsession (or obsessed?) and it will be a great set up when complete. Greg estimated another 3 - 4 weeks to get everything up and running... Lots of saltwater fish tanks...lots of coral look down tanks... and a 500+ gallon reef display. Open but still setting up...I had to leave because I was drooling all over everything.... We are so fortunate to have yet another great LFS's in the WAMAS area.

Thanks for the update.

I wish that they had updated their website so I could have found the place today. Next time I guess.

Much larger is quite an understatement... if you'd never been to Cordis - the only larger LFS I've seen is BRK's new location. The place even has an 'upstairs'. I'm guessing the current economy took Cordis' down - they had a huge selection of freshwater stuff, moderate amount of salt - not very well maintained.

AND - they are 'handy' for me... hope they do all they plan to do.

bob

• 2 weeks later...

I was there yesterday. Greg is putting together a really nice setup and when they get fully up and running I think it will be a great resource for everyone! Greg is really a great guy to work with - he helped me out when i first set up my system 2 years ago and recently we worked out a great trade for me to go from my 120 tall (which just didn't work in my space) to a 92 corner. the corner quarter round is just awesome and I thank greg for working it out with me.

I want everyone to know that Aquatic Obsession will be a great place for those in the area and that greg is great to work with - he goes the extra mile to help out customers and the customer service is unparalleled!

Hope that folk drop by there soon and see what he is putting together - an awesome setup for sure!

• 3 weeks later...

Just stopped-by the new "Aquatic Obcession" to check the place out and pick-up a few peppermint shrimp (I have aptasia :cry: ) Great new setup! Much nicer than the old "Cozy Clownfish". The peps are big-n-fat; they were actually "feeding" the peps aptasia so they should love my tank :blush: . Yiannis helped me re-think my soon-2-be lighting upgrade. Nice setup & helpful employees and they're just getting started. Two thumbs up! :clap:

Edited by Larry Grenier

Just stopped-by the new "Aquatic Obcession" to check the place out and pick-up a few peppermint shrimp (I have aptasia :cry: ) Great new setup! Much nicer than the old "Cozy Clownfish". The peps are big-n-fat; they were actually "feeding" the peps aptasia so they should love my tank :blush: . Yiannis helped me re-think my soon-2-be lighting upgrade. Nice setup & helpful employees and they're just getting started. Two thumbs up! :clap:

Went there last week as well to check it out and was impressed. Had a good selection of different fish that aren't of the usual species.

2 minutes from my house... kewl

Maybe it USED to be 2 minutes... but you can spend that long sitting at the light in front of Wal-Mart now!

I need to talk to them about opening at 7:00 AM on Saturdays and Sundays. My normal Home Depot emergency times.

That BIG tank is going to be amazing, if they get it set up right. Enough room in there for some VERY large fish. looks like it is 10 feet long.

bob

Maybe it USED to be 2 minutes... but you can spend that long sitting at the light in front of Wal-Mart now!

I need to talk to them about opening at 7:00 AM on Saturdays and Sundays. My normal Home Depot emergency times.

That BIG tank is going to be amazing, if they get it set up right. Enough room in there for some VERY large fish. looks like it is 10 feet long.

bob

I think the big tank is around 500 gals. :eek: Those short-n-fat (kinda like me) tanks in the center look like nice coral tanks just getting going.

I think the big tank is around 500 gals. :eek: Those short-n-fat (kinda like me) tanks in the center look like nice coral tanks just getting going.

I believe he said it was 700 gallons...

bob

• 2 weeks later...

So, I just stopped by Aquatic Obsession to check it out and it's really nice. I also picked up a card so I share their information with everyone.

Aquatic Obsession

703-257-5690

703-257-4747

9067 Liberia Ave

Commerce Corner Plaza

Manassas, VA 20110

www.TheAquaticObsession.com [not yet online]

Hours:

Mon-Sat 11:00-7:00

Sun 12:00-6:00

They plan to join the WAMAS vendor community (spolier) and will give 10% discount for current WAMAS card holders...FYI