steveoutlaw's 60g All-in-One Cube

Looks like the live rock and Purple-Up are working.........I'm getting corraline all over the place. My custom Euro-Reef RS-80 will be here next week so I'm hoping to start putting livestock in next weekend!! Check it out.......my rocks have the measles:

60gAIOCube9-4-09001.jpg

60gAIOCube9-4-09002.jpg

60gAIOCube9-4-09003.jpg

60gAIOCube9-4-09004.jpg

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the back wall- is it too late to cut a section out for the nanostream? That way it wouldn't be sticking out on the side wall. Or, put it in one of the lower corners and hide it with a stream rock. That would match your back wall nicely.

I like the back wall- is it too late to cut a section out for the nanostream? That way it wouldn't be sticking out on the side wall. Or, put it in one of the lower corners and hide it with a stream rock. That would match your back wall nicely.

It's probably too late as the wall is agianst the overflow glass.

Actually, the nanostream is just subbing for my Vortech MP20 that is in my holding tank right now. When I make the switch next weekend that should really cut down on the "sticking out" factor.

Looks like you could use a few frags Steve. :biggrin:

Working on it!

My master plan is to actually drill out a couple of spots on the back rock wall that will fit a frag plug. I'd like to get a good mixture of SPS colors back there so they can actually grow into a wall of SPS.

Thanks for the compliments everyone.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, my custom Euro-Reef RS-80 got here today. It's only custom because the pump intake is directly across from the output pipe so it would fit in my little 6" wide sump. So, I have it in the sump and breaking in and my tank is FULL of microbubbles. Here are a few pics:

Input side

60gAIOcube002-1.jpg

Output side

60gAIOcube003-1.jpg

FTS

60gAIOcube001-1.jpg

I'll post more when it clears up.

• 4 weeks later...

Ok, the rocks are starting to really darken up, the microbubbles are all but gone, there are some fish in the tank and I just started moving some LPS over. Here are some actinic shots:

60gAIO001.jpg

60gAIO002.jpg

60gAIO003.jpg

60gAIO004.jpg

how'd you fix the micro bubbles? Or did they just go away on their own?

They are not completely gone, but not as noticable. Thanks to some good advice from Chip and Dan, I just kept the skimmer running and put some carbon in the tank. Eventually the skimmer skimmed out what it was supposed to.

I think it's going to take a while for the rockwall to cure properly because the skimmer is still not performing as it should. It is definately skimming, but it's still behaving like I just used a bunch of superglue or epoxy to mount corals. Slowly but surely it's getting there. I'll try to get some pics with all the lights on this evening.

They are not completely gone, but not as noticable. Thanks to some good advice from Chip and Dan, I just kept the skimmer running and put some carbon in the tank. Eventually the skimmer skimmed out what it was supposed to.

I think it's going to take a while for the rockwall to cure properly because the skimmer is still not performing as it should. It is definately skimming, but it's still behaving like I just used a bunch of superglue or epoxy to mount corals. Slowly but surely it's getting there. I'll try to get some pics with all the lights on this evening.

Microbubbles drive me crazy, at least yours are coming from your skimmer and should get better though! Great looking tank!

That back wall came out nice. Can't wait to see some growth on it.

That back wall came out nice. Can't wait to see some growth on it.

Thanks. I can't wait to see growth on it either! :)

The fish and the LPS seem to be doing well. If all continues to go well by next weekend, I'll move the MH over to the cube and start placing SPS.

Decided to add a bigger rock to make the caves a little bigger. Also, it's giving me a lot more room to place corals. What do you think?

Front View

60gAIO001-2.jpg

View from right front

60gAIO002-2.jpg

View from left front

60gAIO003-2.jpg

Love the back wall. How did you get the rocks to stick?

Thanks.......I'm pretty happy with it. I zip tied the rocks to eggcrate and then just foamed around them. It's finally starting to come together.

WE HAVE SPS!! I started moving the SPS over from my holding tank. Tomorrow I'm going to move a bunch more (wanted to give the skimmer a chance to catch up after going crazy from the epoxy). Then Saturday I'll be moving the MH fixture over and putting the T5 on the frag tank. It's finally starting to come together.

Front

60gAIO001-3.jpg

Left side

60gAIO002-3.jpg

Right side

60gAIO003-3.jpg