Zoozilla's 320 Gallon "Moved to Another House" System

Awesome tank Dan, looks really clean with plenty of grow room. Im glad to hear the reactor is working well for you, i am very happy with the dosing pump, all the corals look really nice and the coraline algae has bloomed.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome tank Dan, looks really clean with plenty of grow room. Im glad to hear the reactor is working well for you, i am very happy with the dosing pump, all the corals look really nice and the coraline algae has bloomed.

Thanks Renato!

Have you increased the dosage on the pump yet? No stopping your coralline Now. hehehehe :biggrin:

With the Summer almost over, I finally get to take a Family vacation. Time to break out the autofeeders and set up the

timers.

6+ years of service, my old but dependable PennPlax autofeeder bit the dust. As a replacement, I opted for

the AquaChef (actually 3 of them). I debated between this and the Eheim but finally settled for the AquaChef mainly

because of price (since they both had similar/same features).

AquaChef.jpg

Thanks Renato!

Have you increased the dosage on the pump yet? No stopping your coralline Now. hehehehe :biggrin:

no, i think im just going to play it safe and leave it like that for now untill i have more SPS than LPS.

(edited)

I love my Aquacontroller Jr. :) (Thanks BRK). I've had it for ~ 1.5 yrs; replacing a plethora of tangled wires and timers. It's one of my better reef investments: relatively inexpensive and packed with useful features. With a little research and dabbling, my AC Jr. is now Network capable and remotely accessible anywhere (I believe) from the Web. It was neat to finally be able to set up a auto-updating Signature (I've always wanted one of those). Still working out a couple of kinks with the IPhone app but overall extremely happy! At least for now, I don't have to upgrade to the ACIII or Apex ;)

<IPhone Outlet Control Screen. Gotta rename those default variables>

IPhoneOutput.jpg

<pH Day View. Still need to purchase the Serial Isolation Adapter to stop fluctuations in the readings>

IPhonePH.jpg

<Temp by Month>

IPhoneTemp-1.jpg

Edited by zoozilla

Nice looking tank Dan. I would really like to get out your way and see it in person. How is the 6 Line doing?

Lynn

Thank you Lynn. Much appreciated. Let me know when you'll be in the area. You're welcome to stop by. The six-line is doing great. He/she is currently working "watch dog" duty in the frag tank. Keeping the little pests and unwanted beasties at bay.

Your tank is looking fantastic!!! Great job. Awesome colors, great rock work.

Thanks man! Btw, the instructions you posted regarding setting up a signature for the Aquacontroller came in very handy last week ;)

Dan - nice meeting you today. I hope you like the frag and it does well for you.

Thanks for picking up Chip's frag as well. That made it a lot easier on me.

Nice looking tank! Definetely have to check that out in person sometime.

It looks like I am going to hold off on my final aquascaping till I can get some acrylic rods and try that out.

Dan - nice meeting you today. I hope you like the frag and it does well for you.

Thanks for picking up Chip's frag as well. That made it a lot easier on me.

Nice looking tank! Definetely have to check that out in person sometime.

It looks like I am going to hold off on my final aquascaping till I can get some acrylic rods and try that out.

Chad, like-wise and thank you. A++ on the frag. Cross my fingers it grows like wildfire ;) Glad I could help out with the pick up. It was very convenient for me too.

You're welcome to stop by if you're ever in the area.

Make sure to post pics of your new aquascaping.

Dan - knowing your affinity for green leathers I thought I would make sure you saw Rob's item in the trading forum.

The tank looks great. Thanks for letting me check it out I was very impressed with the relatively small footprint in which your system was contained.

(edited)
Dan - knowing your affinity for green leathers I thought I would make sure you saw Rob's item in the trading forum.

The tank looks great. Thanks for letting me check it out I was very impressed with the relatively small footprint in which your system was contained.

Thank you Steve. You're welcome back anytime.

Btw, good luck on you're move to WI. Did you select/close on a house yet?

Also, thanks for the heads up. I'll definitely take a peek at Rob's posting.

Edited by zoozilla

• 1 month later...

Small update: Was searching around for a new ACIII unit to replace my ACJr but found it to be a rarity. Finally gave up the search for a new unit and found a bargain on a barely used ACIII a couple of weeks ago. SCORE!!! To save a few dollars more, I opted to hard-wire the ACIII to the Router instead of using a wireless game adapter. Because the ACIII and Router are located in different rooms, I had to figure out a clean way run CAT6 between rooms. This is how it went (ewww, forgot to cut my fingernails :blush: ):

ACIII.pngACIIITools.png

CAT6a.pngCAT6b.png

CAT6c.pngCAT6d.png

CAT6e.pngCAT6f.pngCAT6g.png

YellowTang1.png

<Desjardini: My new favorite fish. Eradicates unwanted algae including Bryopsis>

SailFin1.png

SailFin2.png

SailFin3.png

<Still trying to figure out the best spot to put this Dendro>

DendroFull.png

DendroExploded.png

DendroFS.png

Looks great. That's a beautiful Desjardini.

Jon

Thank you @Jon. Was very fortunate to pick he/she up from dschflier's recent tank breakdown. Dschflier had this Desjardini since it was 1" and was around 5" when I purchased it from him.

nice pictures Dan.

Tanx Man :) Luv your tank pics as well.

zoozilla,

How are the auto feeders working for you? I was thinking of getting the same one, any problems with food clupping?

Hey @six-line-

How have you been doing? Regarding the AutoFeeders: No problems with clumping as of yet. I have them mounted approx. 6" above the water-line, right above a powerhead so food gets dispersed quickly. With one full rotation, the hatch opens at the 6 o'oclock position to dispense the goods and closes at the 12 position. The food is constantly stirred up with each rotation. One word of caution, don't let the unit drop into the tank. Stupid me let one of the three take a dunk during tank maintenance and poof, need to find a replacement now...

Small update: Was searching around for a new ACIII unit to replace my ACJr but found it to be a rarity. Finally gave up the search for a new unit and found a bargain on a barely used ACIII a couple of weeks ago. SCORE!!! To save a few dollars more, I opted to hard-wire the ACIII to the Router instead of using a wireless game adapter. Because the ACIII and Router are located in different rooms, I had to figure out a clean way run CAT6 between rooms. This is how it went (ewww, forgot to cut my fingernails :blush: ):

ACIII.pngACIIITools.png

CAT6a.pngCAT6b.png

CAT6c.pngCAT6d.png

CAT6e.pngCAT6f.pngCAT6g.png

You separated your pairs out too much on the jack.

Sorry old telecom habits. ACIII is nice. You can mod the software pages on it for a different look and rename it when you access online.

Edited by dtfleming

Great pics and the tank is really looking good.

You separated your pairs out too much on the jack.

Sorry old telecom habits. ACIII is nice. You can mod the software pages on it for a different look and rename it when you access online.

LOL Don... What can I say, I'm a CAT6 Virgin :blush: ... Every time I work on it, I'm definitely liking that ACIII more and more. Btw, thanks for the modding tip. I'll do some reading on it.

Great pics and the tank is really looking good.

@Vader - Thanks dude. How's your tank coming along? Been dying to see an update...

Great tank & great job, Dan. It will be TOTM soon.

Ahhh, the elusive TOTM... I can only Dream, Huy. Thanks for the vote of confidence though ;)