Are these considered micro-bubbles?

queloque

I'm running my leak test again on my sump. Everything is fine now. But after the water goes through the three baffles, the water waterfalls into what will be the refugium. From the image posted are those bubbles considered micro bubbles or I shouldn't worry about the bubbles formed from the waterfall?

Thanks

gallery_2631973_604_117500.jpg

maybe not micro bubbles, but you may want to raise the water level in the last chamber to keep the bubbles from forming, especially after you go through all of the effort to get rid of them with baffles.

maybe not micro bubbles, but you may want to raise the water level in the last chamber to keep the bubbles from forming, especially after you go through all of the effort to get rid of them with baffles.

That's not the last chamber. That is the middle chamber(refugium) than after that the return chamber.

HA! All that work and you're right back at square one! Don't follow the herd!

Eliminate the baffles, go with an open sump and an eductor. No bubbles!

HA! All that work and you're right back at square one! Don't follow the herd!

Eliminate the baffles, go with an open sump and an eductor. No bubbles!

No i'm not getting rid of the baffles. What herd?

those don't look like microbubbles....just regular ol bubbles :) Seriously, fresh water acts differently then saltwater so you wont really know until it is 1.025 or so. Bigger bubbles rise to surface quickly and the macro in the compartment will soak it up before hitting the return pump. If the bubbles make it to the return pump then they will be chopped up and turned to microbubbles in the display.

those don't look like microbubbles....just regular ol bubbles :) Seriously, fresh water acts differently then saltwater so you wont really know until it is 1.025 or so. Bigger bubbles rise to surface quickly and the macro in the compartment will soak it up before hitting the return pump. If the bubbles make it to the return pump then they will be chopped up and turned to microbubbles in the display.

I should have took a picture of the return side but there are no bubbles forming in the return side when it spills over to that section. I was just curious about bubbles from the waterfall effect in the middle compartment.

Your baffles are a bit higher than most but it will work for what your tryn to do. I would not worry about the micro bubbles until you get the salinity at the idea range 1.024-1.026.

Put a piece of egg crate at the top of the last baffle (between your refugium and your return chamber. Make it as tall as the difference in height between the baffles at either end of the refugium and either friction-fit it or silicone it in place. Then, raise the water level in these last two chambers up closer to the level of your bubble trap to reduce the size of your waterfall. It's the waterfall that's creating the bubbles. In the end, if you have these bubbles in your return chamber, they're just going to get picked up and pumped up to your display.

If you like, I will CNC cut a piece of foam that fits perfectly in your sump. You can just wedge it in front of the return and periodically clean it to remove particulates. It will eliminate ALL the bubbles.

That's not the last chamber. That is the middle chamber(refugium) than after that the return chamber.

If you reinstall that baffle at an angle it would help to eliminate the 'waterfall' effect and no bubbles. If not, since this will be the fuge section, putting macro algae in this area will help in diffusing the bubbles too.