If you had two tanks on one system ... light cycles?

lanman

If you had two tanks, more or less the same size, on one system - would it behoove you to run the lights on alternate cycles, or overlapping cycles, in order to stabilize pH??

bob

Only if one of them isn't a refugium.

Well, there is a refugium also... and it is on opposite cycle.

bob

I would - it would also stabilize heat from the lights.

Hadn't considered that - not a bad idea...

bob

I have three tanks on one system. My two smaller ones are on at night and my main display during the day. My understanding is it does.

I run my refugium and frag tanks on a cycle opposite my display. It stabilizes both pH and heat.

If you had two tanks, more or less the same size, on one system - would it behoove you to run the lights on alternate cycles, or overlapping cycles, in order to stabilize pH??

bob

If they are both displays I like the lights on when I'm on. Buy a chiller to deal with the heat, buy a kalk stirrer to deal with ph. They don't sell time to watch tanks last time I checked :)

All my tanks run together as one system. I have three (3) fish / coral tanks and one (1) refugium.

They are all on the same light cycle.

I do this for the same reason that I use an extened photo periold, and for the same reason that Dan suggests. I want to enjoy all of them during hours of the day that I'm awake.