arrow crabs - reef safe or no?

fosterspike

im thinking about getting an arrow crab because they are pretty cool looking and i have seen people with problems, what should i do?

Pretty sure they will eat all your feather dusters and bristle worms. For that reason, I have never kept one in any of my tanks.

Jon

Pretty sure they will eat all your feather dusters and bristle worms. For that reason, I have never kept one in any of my tanks.

Bristle worms they will heartily eat, but from my experience they didn't touch the three feather dusters that I have. I really like the arrow crab that I have. He is a peaceful inhabitant.

Karl

I bought two back in the mid 90's to kill bristleworms. They did do that job but they also killed all my blue legged hermits. Pulled the little guys right out of their shells and ate them. They never bothered any corals or fish.

Just had one that took down 2 peppermint shrimp and a fire shrimp, also picked up a few snail and ripped them out...........very opportunistic omnivores will eat smaller fish also.

IMO for larger tanks only

I bought two back in the mid 90's to kill bristleworms. They did do that job but they also killed all my blue legged hermits. Pulled the little guys right out of their shells and ate them. They never bothered any corals or fish.

Sounds like a plus to me. Video?

Just had one that took down 2 peppermint shrimp and a fire shrimp, also picked up a few snail and ripped them out...........very opportunistic omnivores will eat smaller fish also.

IMO for larger tanks only

my tanks a 90g...