getting screwed on a sale

trockafella

What should you do if a seller sells something to someone but you pm'd and posted first about it.. Is it ok to b*tch someone out for it... Personally i think you shouldnt be posting and selling if your not responsible enough to know who was first in line for something... Just wondering before i do something to get kicked off the forum... But i gotta tell you i am royally fired up about it..

sorry bro, S happens sometimes. what were you looking to buy? I'm sure more than one person has it laying around their house that they can sell to you.

How do you know that you were the first to PM him?

Did he tell you he was holding it for you? If not then I feel he has the right to sell it to whom ever he wants. I know there are some members that even if they PM me first I would not sell it to them because they have not completed transactions in the past.

I really don't think you should get this worked up over it. The stress is not worth it.

Shouldn't this be in the members area?

we could argue it both ways.. NO MATTER WHAT ITS IRRATATING.. IM NOT STRESSED ABOUT IT, I JUST DONT CARE FOR IT.. OH WELL... LIKE JOSH SAID "S" HAPPENS....

OH YEAH, AND JOSH YOU KNOW EXACTLY WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT...!!

Just to clear up some confusion concerning this issue.... I have nothing to do with what happened to Travis and the for slae thread, I'm just his friend who posted in this thread. His concern is with someone who is selling hardware on the 4sale boards.... :cheers:

In the utopian land where I am King the forum rules dictate that buyers have to post in the thread to establish their place in line and the seller is prohibited from posting elsewhere... but that's my kingdom.

This is a Representative Democracy. Most forums are pretty hands off about their buyer/seller policies so their mods won't have to babysit. People are expected to be adults and pay on time, sell to the first responder etc. but the problem is that not everyone has the same ideals.

I've PMed people within a minute of a thread being generated and had it sold out from under me. Heck, several people posted after me and the only response any of us ever got was "SOLD."

Yes, it is irritating, but the fact remains that sometimes people post on multiple forums or just don't want to sell to you. Whatever their reason.

JUST TO CLARIFY, JOSH DIDNT DO ANYTHING TO ME.. WERE COOL, BUT HE HAD A SIMILAR SITUATION A WAYS BACK... AND AS EXPECTED I WAS RIGHT, SOMEONE SOLD TO THE PERSON WHO POSTED AFTER ME AND NEVER REPLIED TO ME AT ALL... SO, YES, I DO HAVE THE RIGHT TO BE PISSED... NO, ITS NOT THE END OF THE WORLD BY ANY MEANS, BUT ITS BS, AND IF IT WERE YOU, YOU WOULDNT BE HAPPY ABOUT IT EITHER... SO LETS MOVE ON,, THE AIR IS CLEARED, I SAID WHAT I WANTED TO SAY AND I THINK WE WILL ALL FIGURE OUT WHO THAT WAS.... THANKS FOR ALL YOUR POSTS... NO BEEF WITH ANY OF YOU..!!! HAPPY REEFING..!!!!!!

HEY W, I COMPLETELY AGREE WITH YOU... BUT NO ONE WANTS TO EXCEPT RESPONSIBILTY AND DO THINGS THE RIGHT WAY..!!

Edited by trockafella

Just to clear up some confusion concerning this issue.... I have nothing to do with what happened to Travis and the for slae thread, I'm just his friend who posted in this thread. His concern is with someone who is selling hardware on the 4sale boards.... :cheers:

Well that's easy to spot.

The thread in question was up for 2 hrs and 10 minutes before you posted you had sent a PM.

Sorry you missed out or have not heard back yet but that's a long time for things to happen on good deals.

I've listed anemones, frags, even other equipment and had PM's within 1 minute or less, sometimes multiple.

Maybe the guy was conincidentally conveniently located by him or maybe someone he has worked with in the past and he didn't want to hastle with setting up a meeting point, ect, ect....

Then again, i can still see your point if this is not the case...

IF THATS THE CASE, THEN TELL PEOPLE I AM TO THOSE I KNOW AND AM CLOSE TO FIRST.... I HAVE DEALT WITH LOTS OF PEOPLE ON HERE AND I AM A GOOD BUYER.. ALSO I UNDERSTAND HOW LONG IT WAS BEFORE I POSTED, BUT THE GUY WHO BOUGHT IT WAS AFTER ME, I GOT A CONFIRMATION ON THAT.. SO IM NOT ASSUMING, I KNOWING... AND KNOWING IS HALF THE BATTLE... I KNOW SOMEONE KNOWS WHERE THATS FROM.... IM GLAD I HAVE ATLEAST A FEW PEOPLE ON MY SIDE... AND NOW I KNOW THE POLITICS OF THE FORUM... THE GLOVES ARE OFFICIALLY OFF...

I'm sorry but how did you get screwed? Was there money exchanged? Did you arrange a pickup and then he/she backed out?

As far as I can see, it's a free country and the person can sell to whoever he/she wants. It may be the person wanted to sell to a person living close to him/her. It's part of the game of buying used.

You can always buy new to avoid all these hassles.

Take the Aqua Co 50% sale. I wish I knew I could come in on tuesday and cherry pick what I wanted. Instead I thought the store was closed till Thursday. What I found out was you can always call to check if

they are in and then come in. Oh wells. C'est la vie.

Take the Aqua Co 50% sale. I wish I knew I could come in on tuesday and cherry pick what I wanted. Instead I thought the store was closed till Thursday. What I found out was you can always call to check if

they are in and then come in. Oh wells. C'est la vie.

Yeah :(

DJ BOY, I COMPLETELY AGREE WITH YOU... IT IS A FREE COUNTRY, BUT ALSO SUPPOSED TO BE A CIVILIZED ONE... YOU KNOW, A COUNTRY AND FORUM WITH ETHICS.... IF PEOPLE HAVE AN AGENDA OF SELLING CLOSE TO THEM THEN THEY SHOULD SAY THAT, OTHERWISE PEOPLE ;LIKE ME GETTING SCREWED OVER AND START THREADS TO GET EVERYONE FIRED UP ON A FRIDAY... TO BE HONEST THE ITEM WAS THAT IMPORTANT AND ANOTHER MEMBER HAS ALREADY HELPED ME OUT, BUT ITS THE POINT THAT ITS A F****N CRAPPY THING... SOMETHING I CERTAINLY WOULD NOT DO... I UNDERSTAND IF SOMEONE NO SHOWS OR SOMETHING, BUT DELEGATING WHO YOU SELL TO, OR NOT TAKING THE TIME TO CHECK THE TIME STAMP TO BE FAIR IS WEAK.. IF THATS HOW YOU WORK SELL ON RC OR CL...

Sometimes life just sucks, you know? I'm sorry that this happened to you and, if I read you right, repeatedly. There's really no sense in complaining about it as there's little, if anything, to be gained. It's the seller's choice about what they sell, if they sell, when they sell, and who they sell to. Unless you make a hard commitment to buy (that is, not just post or PM your interest) and unless the seller makes the hard commitment to sell to you, I don't think there's an issue of integrity here. Just my two cents.

By the way, I know you're fuming, but can you turn the caps off - it hurts my eyes.

Peace. :cheers:

Edited by Origami2547

First of all calm down and type in lower case :cheers:

Yea it sucks and I agree about being civil but it is what it is. You just gotta go in thinking that way

and hope for the best. It's just not worth it to get fired up like that. :why:

DJ BOY, I COMPLETELY AGREE WITH YOU... IT IS A FREE COUNTRY, BUT ALSO SUPPOSED TO BE A CIVILIZED ONE... YOU KNOW, A COUNTRY AND FORUM WITH ETHICS.... IF PEOPLE HAVE AN AGENDA OF SELLING CLOSE TO THEM THEN THEY SHOULD SAY THAT, OTHERWISE PEOPLE ;LIKE ME GETTING SCREWED OVER AND START THREADS TO GET EVERYONE FIRED UP ON A FRIDAY... TO BE HONEST THE ITEM WAS THAT IMPORTANT AND ANOTHER MEMBER HAS ALREADY HELPED ME OUT, BUT ITS THE POINT THAT ITS A F****N CRAPPY THING... SOMETHING I CERTAINLY WOULD NOT DO... I UNDERSTAND IF SOMEONE NO SHOWS OR SOMETHING, BUT DELEGATING WHO YOU SELL TO, OR NOT TAKING THE TIME TO CHECK THE TIME STAMP TO BE FAIR IS WEAK.. IF THATS HOW YOU WORK SELL ON RC OR CL...

SORRY BOUT THE CAPS... HAVE TO USE THEM FOR WORK B/C OUR SYSTEM DOESNT RECOGNIZE LOWER CASE, SO IM SORRY BUDDY... ADN LETS JUST END THIS ALL NOW... IM NOT MAD, JUST EXERCISING MY RIGHT TO COMPLAIN ABOUT SOMETHING I DONT LIKE.. BUT ITS OVER NOW.. ITS BEEN FUN DISCUSSING THIS WITH YOU ALL, AND IF YOU CHOOSE TO THINK I AM TERRIBLE PERSON FOR B****ING THEN SO BE IT, BUT THOSE OF YOU WHO KNOW ME, KNOW BETTER THAN THAT.... SO AGAIN, THANKS TO YOU ALL FOR PARTICIPATING IN THIS THREAD AND IM GLAD TO HEAR ALL OF YOUR OPINIONS... BEAUTIFUL THING ABOUT FREEDOM.. EVEN THOUGH WE DONT ALL AGREE, WE ALL STILL HAVE THE RIGHT TO SAY IT... EVERYONE HAVE A GOOD WEEKEND..!!