CUBAKAH's 430 gallons of reef - Brightwell Neozeo system

CHUBAKAH

I'll just get right to the changes that have taken place the last three months.

Closed loop before Blueline 1270 GPH

IMG_0172.jpg

Closed loop today. Dart Reflow 3400 GPH

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

(edited)

Looking good Mark -

Is that all the zeovit rocks you are using in the nextreef? I picked the reactor up and filled it with about 300g after the 2nd week. Maybe a little higher than yours.

I just want to make sure that I am not putting in too much!

Edited by Sikryd

Love the upgrades. Looks like you've been very busy the past few months ;) Btw, is that panel above the main tank removable?

Yes in fact it all comes off in one piece. As much of a PITA it was breaking the tank down, I should have done it this way the first time. Access is so much easier now.

Looking good Mark -

Is that all the zeovit rocks you are using in the nextreef? I picked the reactor up and filled it with about 300g after the 2nd week. Maybe a little higher than yours.

I just want to make sure that I am not putting in too much!

No that picture was from way back. I have a total of 1000 grams in it which is full to the top.

Thinking of incorporating a removable front panel above my in-wall as well. I'm finding out very quickly that side and rear access only in my tank is very limiting and a pain :sad:

• 5 weeks later...

How's the Brightwell dosing coming along? Have you incorporated any new additives from the Brightwell line? Would be interested in seeing a few more b4 and after photos.

• 1 year later...
(edited)

Updated FTS 8/3/2010

FTS.jpg?t=1276561375

This is a six week shot from my recent upgrade. I went from 60"W x 18" front to back, and 22" tall to 36" front to back and 23 tall. Several other changes include two Bubble Magus dosers, and most recently a calcium reactor which I hope to have online in the next couple of months.

Still trying to get the dosers adjusted to the upgrade in water volume as I am just over 400 gallons now.

Special thanks go out to Jeff aka NAGA for the new tank. Totally diggin it!

Edited by CHUBAKAH

Still pretty bad at taking pics, but here is a shot of Ric's Invader which was about a 3/4" frag 10 months ago.

AussieInvader.jpg

(edited)

Bout ten hiding in the rocks in that shot and I added a black and white (Heniochus acuminatus) , my pair of Maroon gold stripe clowns and a juv Dragon wrasse who will go in to my sump the first time he mis behaves. Tried a trio of Purple queens but they wouldn't eat and went one by one.

I'm going to add few other things here and there, just not quite sure what at the moment. Keeping compatibility is a real PIA when you want some of the cooler fish.

Planning to work on some kind of live food system this next winter so I can get some of the harder to keep guys. Just not sure which way I go yet, if anyone has any suggestions.

Edited by CHUBAKAH

Looks great Mark. Is it in the inwall?

Hang onto that frag from Rik, it might be the only one out there.

Yes, it is in the same location as the old tank in wall. I still need to re do the front wood trim because of the height change, so right now it is wide open on top which makes it very easy to access.

I had some trouble with the first frag I got from Ric which only lasted a few days, but this one has done great and continues to impress me. I hope to have some frags of it in the next few months when I upgrade the frag system to 100 gallons over the 52 I just got rid of.

Looks great Mark. Is it in the inwall?

Hang onto that frag from Rik, it might be the only one out there.

There's at least one other...I've got this one:

med_gallery_267_821_58534.jpg

Do you still have the same lighting?

Also, I don't understand, you have three MH's but said that you have a dual 250w ballast. How does this work.

Sorry, thinking about getting a similar dimension tank and am just trying to figure everything out.

Edited by L8 2 RISE

That is correct as of this minute, however I just placed an order last night for another dual ballast and two more Lumen max elites, so in total I will have five MH's over the tank. One will be at each corner, and one will be in the center. I also picked up two Ice Cap blue LED strips to add in for that last couple of hours for the moon light effect.

L8 2 rise - What I have been using is one dual ballast and one single ballast to run the three 250's. I also have had 2 VHO T5's at the front and back. The Lumen Max fixtures are rated for a 30" spread at 30" from top to bottom. Since this new set up in 36" front to back it leaves a few darker spots which is why I am adding in two more fixtures.

It may be that I have to add in one more fixture to make two rows of three, but I am hoping 5 will be enough.

Sam if you want to stop by sometime to see what that dimension looks like shoot me a PM. It's a silly look in person.

can't wait til it fills out....could use more fish though... :biggrin:

can't wait til it fills out....could use more fish though... :biggrin:

Fish are over rated.

laugh.gif

• 2 months later...

Here are a few shots from the weekend.

IMG_3893.jpg

IMG_3895.jpg

IMG_3913.jpg

IMG_3898.jpg

IMG_3900.jpg

IMG_3907.jpg