Super glue toxic to saltwater environment?

albatross666

Hi

I have a Kent Marine phosphate remover. It has an outlet and and inlet on the top of the cylinder. The outlet nozzle CAME OFF. It is not broken, simply came out of the hole. It is snug, and can probably be sealed well with super glue.

But is super glue safe for the saltwater tank?

Please advise.

Thanks!

Yea superglue is fine to use in your aquarium. They sell a lot of 2 part epoxies too that work well too, but I've used superglue on stuff and works and doesn't leach chemicals or anything as far as I know.

I don't know what kind of phosphate remover you're using, but have you looked into phosban reactors? They just need tubing and possibly a zip tie for the flex tubes.

A quick side note, use super glue GEL

Hi

Any particular reason? I just got a 4 pack from home depot, and its those little tubes with rather liquidy stuff in it. The ingredient in the glue is "cyanoacrylate". I am in no hurry and can get the gel if needed.

Thanks.

Hi

Any particular reason? I just got a 4 pack from home depot, and its those little tubes with rather liquidy stuff in it. The ingredient in the glue is "cyanoacrylate". I am in no hurry and can get the gel if needed.

Thanks.

No real reason other than the gel is easier to work with.

If you put liquid super glue on something then put it in the tank before completely dry, you end up with white strands and bits of superglue floating around in your tank. Known from personal experience.

I love super glue. I sliced my foot open last night and had glued it shut in 5 minutes. :biggrin:

lol

hooligan!

one of the wrestlers of ecw "sabu" used to do it cause he hated stitches...then a dr tried to patend it for med use...dont think he was successful. that stuff is awesome!