FOR THE LOVE OF G@D where do I get 4ft VHO's?

I've been to:

Exotic Aquatics (who lied to me and said they did :( )

House of tropicals

Aquarium Depot

Congressional Aquarium

Scales Tropical Fish warehouse

Todays Pet

And

Tropical Lagoon (bet no one has heard of this little "jewel") who had them but wanted $38 a bulb

I'll tell you..........AGAIN! Drive out to BRK. They have them in stock. Call Johnny and make sure but he's had them every time I've asked about them.

I'll tell you..........AGAIN! Drive out to BRK. They have them in stock. Call Johnny and make sure but he's had them every time I've asked about them.

I was going to suggest the same. If youre going to the meet on Sat, BRK isnt too far from there.

(edited)

Tropical Lagoon (bet no one has heard of this little "jewel") who had them but wanted $38 a bulb

I've heard of them...I actually like them when that giant bird isn't sqwaking, biting and crapping on me.

Same comment applies to F&F.

I'd try That Fish Place if I were you. Even with shipping, it might be worth it.

Edited by extreme_tooth_decay

(edited)

Tropical Lagoon (bet no one has heard of this little "jewel") who had them but wanted $38 a bulb.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They are actually about the oldest Aqaurium store in the area. I got my first 10 gal freshwater aquarium setup used from them. :biggrin: Have you tried Showcase Aquarium in the Wheaton Triangle Shopping Center? (301) 942-6464. Tropical Fish World in Gaithersburg: (301) 921-0000. I can't think of anyone else in the area.

Edited by Highland Reefer

I went to Tropical Lagoon once 11 years ago, and then learned that TFW just a hop down the road gives a 50% credit on saltwater fish for a week (maybe it's 5 days... not sure anymore).

Brk is 1 hour and 15-25 mins for me to get out there.

So how much grief would it solve. Bring your girl with you and pick up your bulbs (and probably a few fish and supplies) and your worries are over.

Roozen Nursery in Oxon Hill has them if you're on this side of the bridge.

Bill

(edited)

Not to knock BRK or any LFS... but...

Just order them from Hellolights.com. Good prices and excellent shipping on 4 ft bulbs.

If you were near a LFS that has them, that would be the way to go. However, with gas @ $3.50/gallon, you are better off paying the $7.50 for shipping a $24.00 bulb than driving 60 miles and using 3 gallons ($10.50) of gas. Not to mention time.

Believe me, if you go to BRK, you are going to buy more than the bulb :rollface: It will be an expensive trip. But, you will be a happy reefer!

Edited by quazi

Not to knock BRK or any LFS... but...

Just order them from Hellolights.com. Good prices and excellent shipping on 4 ft bulbs.

If you were near a LFS that has them, that would be the way to go. However, with gas @ $3.50/gallon, you are better off paying the $7.50 for shipping a $24.00 bulb than driving 60 miles and using 3 gallons ($10.50) of gas. Not to mention time.

Believe me, if you go to BRK, you are going to buy more than the bulb :rollface: It will be an expensive trip. But, you will be a happy reefer!

I live in Fredericksburg which is at least an hour from anywhere. I drive a 78 Bronco. It gets about 9.5 mpg highway. I was thinking the exact same thing.

Garrett.