3g Pico

This little tank has been running for two years and is my first and only saltwater set up. I will be tackling a 55g set up next. Not much to it, 36 watts of 50/50 compact flourescents, HOB Aquaclear 30 with nothing in it but liverock, and a heater. I do water changes every two weeks and top off daily. It isnt much compared to the big boys on here but I wanted to be apart of the fun aswell so here she is.

gallery_989_59_600248.jpg

gallery_989_59_543480.jpg

gallery_989_59_530341.jpg

gallery_989_59_163619.jpg

gallery_989_59_490718.jpg

gallery_989_59_738683.jpg

gallery_989_59_190785.jpg

gallery_989_59_960244.jpg

gallery_989_59_1303664.jpg

gallery_989_59_273569.jpg

gallery_989_59_484812.jpg

gallery_989_59_1026309.jpg

gallery_989_59_1107163.jpg

gallery_989_59_296700.jpg

Poor clown says let me out of this closet

It might be better to ask questions instead of making inferences. I understand that there are guidelines to keeping livestock in aquariums but there is always an exceptionto the rule and this is one of them. Maybe we should remember that if we have nothing nice to say then nothing should be said at all. Or perhaps, simply ask questions intead of ASSuming. :blush:

Poor clown says let me out of this closet

It might be better to ask questions instead of making inferences. I understand that there are guidelines to keeping livestock in aquariums but there is always an exceptionto the rule and this is one of them. Maybe we should remember that if we have nothing nice to say then nothing should be said at all. Or perhaps, simply ask questions intead of ASSuming. :blush:

maybe he was making a funny??? i dunno. :wig:

anyway, what do you use for your mechanical and chemical filtration?? assuming that you have some. :)

maybe he was making a funny??? i dunno. :wig:

anyway, what do you use for your mechanical and chemical filtration?? assuming that you have some. :)

I just have the live rock that is all the filtration I have been using. The water stays very clear. I have thought about putting a sponge in the filter but I am worried about nitrates being held in it. What do you think? It has done very well without .

I love your little tank. It's very difficult to keep a pico healthy and you certainly have the skill and attentiveness to do it. Now let me ask, is it my imagination or is your sand pink?

I was just about to say the same thing, Forrest. Those tiny tanks are a LOT harder to keep going then a big tank.

VERY Impressive, Papabear!!! It's AWESOME! :)

I love your little tank. It's very difficult to keep a pico healthy and you certainly have the skill and attentiveness to do it. Now let me ask, is it my imagination or is your sand pink?

Yup, the sand is pink. My wife wanted to have a part in the tank in some way and that was here part. What can I say if a little pink sand is all it takes to keep the Mrs. happy, bring it on by the truck load. :lol2:

thank you all for the time you took to review my thread.

Nice job. You've managed to squeeze a lot of cool things into a small space to keep it interesting. How are your water parameters, generally speaking? How much do you change out every 2 weeks?

(edited)

The water parameters are great, no ammonia or nitrites and the nitrates remain under 5ppm. I have had no troubles with phosphate but I am sure that is do to the regular water changes. Every two weeks I change out 1 gallon of water.

Edited by papabear24