NotSoFat2U

Hi everybody. My name is Nathan and I just joined this weekend. I am planning on starting my first marine tank soon (using a Biocube 14) and found WAMAS a month or so ago during the course of my research. This site has been a great resource, so it seemed like it would be in my best interest to join.

I mostly just wanted to introduce myself right now (though I do have one question at the end of this post). I've been living in Arlington since graduating from Virginia Tech (coming up on two years now), though I lived in Arlington for my entire life prior to school. I don't have a ton of aquaria experience (certainly not recently), but I've been researching for some time now and am close to ready to take the plunge, so to speak. I'm sure I'll have questions about specific things down the line.

My question for right now has to do with my membership status. I actually registered with WAMAS before creating a forum account. When I registered I did submit the same ID that I ultimately used for my forum account. Should I be expecting some sort of email notification confirming that my WAMAS registration went through? My paypal account was debitted, but I don't seem to have access to the "Member's Only" boards.

They have to do it manually:) so it may take a little while hope you have a great time on the boards!

WELCOME TO WAMAS!!!

Your membership has been activated and your card will be in the mail later this week. See you at the spring meeting on 5 April? :wig:

Hi Nathan, welcome to Wamas!

WELCOME TO WAMAS!!!

Your membership has been activated and your card will be in the mail later this week. See you at the spring meeting on 5 April? :wig:

Thanks for activating me. There's a good chance I will be able to attend on the 5th.