BRK OPen refugium

edkruzel

John,

I've got a complaint, ok not really, but I wish you were open on Mondays. Your store came highly recommended and I had to drive a coworker to Dulles today and thought, "What a great opportunity to stop by and check this place out". I guess you can imagine my disappointment; even more so after I stood at the door peering in through the window. I've recently moved here from El Paso, TX and from the very little I observed from your storefront window, I can tell you that your store is 10x's more than anything in El Paso or the surrounding area (nearest store of quality is Dallas, a 12hr drive). I'm really looking forward to seeing the rest of the store (from the inside this time).

Q&A? I've got one for you: Why do you insist on displaying corals that I really cannot afford to buy but that I can't resist and end up buying anyway? ;)

I still can't believe the color on the monti I bought from you last week. All I can say is WOW! It's my favorite coral already. Too bad I can't take pictures to save my life. :blush:

Yes, I have that same problem!!!

Everytime we come out to your store, you take our money??

Why is that?

It's bad enought we have to care those heavy boxes of beautiful healthy corals and fish, but you leave our wallets empty!!

I sure your excuse is to balance the loads out in our arms, but this is really becoming an issue!

:cheers:

Q&A? I've got one for you: Why do you insist on displaying corals that I really cannot afford to buy but that I can't resist and end up buying anyway? ;)

I still can't believe the color on the monti I bought from you last week. All I can say is WOW! It's my favorite coral already. Too bad I can't take pictures to save my life. :blush:

I need to buy one of those advertised shamwow towel. The regular towel just aren't enough to contain the drools that are coming out of my mouth each time I look at that monti. WOW.

Simple Q & A section

Johny, would you be in favor of opening your store on Mondays? I some times get every other Monday off from work and have constantly wanted to go out there to pick up some new stuff...

What do you think? Mondays = OPEN? :clap:

:cheers: :drink: :cry: :wig:

i am still not use to the lack of consumer orientation of VA. I moved from Houston several months ago. In Houston, all the grocery stores and walmarts are 24 hours. Most of the fast food places are 24 hours. Fish stores are all open 7 days a week. I am not singling you out here Johnny. It is just a different emphasis. It reminds me of Italy...where nothing was open between 2 and 7:30 and this one lady didn't want to open her store at the posted time because she was relaxing with the gas station owners next door. I wouldn't have cared if it weren't the only grocery store within an hour drive.

i am still not use to the lack of consumer orientation of VA. I moved from Houston several months ago. In Houston, all the grocery stores and walmarts are 24 hours. Most of the fast food places are 24 hours. Fish stores are all open 7 days a week. I am not singling you out here Johnny. It is just a different emphasis. It reminds me of Italy...where nothing was open between 2 and 7:30 and this one lady didn't want to open her store at the posted time because she was relaxing with the gas station owners next door. I wouldn't have cared if it weren't the only grocery store within an hour drive.

Most normal LFS in VA do open 7 days a week. BRK is the exception because Johnny is not normal. :clap: :clap: Sorry Johnny, I just couldn't resist.

He should move the store over to Maryland...we'd just be grateful to have him nearby :biggrin:

maybe not MD, how about Springfield?!?!?! :lol2: closer to you and next door to me!!! :wig:

Well, thanks for the kind words guys. And for the rest of you a Bronx Cheer!

I would love to be open 7 days a week, and am working towords that. As most of you know this is a Koi shop turned marine, and Mon - wed are Koi pond maint days (yes, I work 7 days a week). I am working towords staffing my store to be able to provide the same level of service that you are used to, wether I am here or not. I refuse to add on those extra days until I feel comfortable that we can do so properly. I have hired a strong staff and continue to traing them vigorously. What I do ask is, when you come in, dont wait or ask for me, start putting my staff through the ropes, I will be nearby if needed.

thanks again for all your support!

John

Edited by johnnybv

I would love to be open 7 days a week, and am working towords that. As most of you know this is a Koi shop turned marine, and Mon - wed are Koi pond maint days (yes, I work 7 days a week). I am working towords staffing my store to be able to provide the same level of service that you are used to, wether I am here or not. I refuse to add on those extra days until I feel comfortable that we can do so. I have hired a strong staff and continue to traing them vigorously. What I do ask is, when you come in, dont wait or ask for me, start putting my staff through the ropes, I will be nearby if needed.

John

We love you, dude. Why else do we ask for you and get a Bronx cheer in return. :biggrin:

This may not mean much to you guys but it means a great deal to me. I find that having your lady salesperson is a GREAT joy for me. She recognizes me and I feel alot better talking with her. Guess its a girl thing but I just feel better knowing you have a woman in there too :cheers: Hats off to her too! she knows her corals and store items!! and she doesn't mind taking all the money from my purse....LOL.... you trained her well, Johnny....

:bb:

Jan

I would love to be open 7 days a week, and am working towords that. As most of you know this is a Koi shop turned marine, and Mon - wed are Koi pond maint days (yes, I work 7 days a week). I am working towords staffing my store to be able to provide the same level of service that you are used to, wether I am here or not. I refuse to add on those extra days until I feel comfortable that we can do so properly. I have hired a strong staff and continue to traing them vigorously. What I do ask is, when you come in, dont wait or ask for me, start putting my staff through the ropes, I will be nearby if needed.

John

Edited by Mystical Lady

This may not mean much to you guys but it means a great deal to me. I find that having your lady salesperson is a GREAT joy for me. She recognizes me and I feel alot better talking with her. Guess its a girl thing but I just feel better knowing you have a woman in there too :cheers: Hats off to her too! she knows her corals and store items!! and she doesn't mind taking all the money from my purse....LOL.... you trained her well, Johnny....

:bb:

Jan

isn't she leaving soon though? I think she said something about moving out to Cali for school...

What I do ask is, when you come in, dont wait or ask for me, start putting my staff through the ropes, I will be nearby if needed.

John

so your giving us permission to give your folks a "pop" quiz? haha I'm gonna love this...

isn't she leaving soon though? I think she said something about moving out to Cali for school...

so your giving us permission to give your folks a "pop" quiz? haha I'm gonna love this...

Jennette is leaving in a few months, but I started her replacemnt a few weeks ago to get her tuned up.

I would love to see you move to Montgomery County but it's a move I can't afford... I'm better off with the distance. Though it would be helpful if there was a way to get there that didn't involve Rte 66 on weekends.

take 28 to point of rocks and go into va on 15 south. it will take you a little longer, but it is A LOT more scenic and you will avoid all kinds of traffic!

Just want to say I fired up that Deltec MCE600 last night and it is AWESOME. (I seem to be using that word a lot lately, Dan's reef tank photos, BRK, ...). Variable water level and all, it kicks solid foam. Going to fire up the new Giesemanns this weekend. Way cool to have a store that stocks quality equipment in VA. Wish we had more, but it is understandable since real estate such a huge problem in this area ...

Just want to say I fired up that Deltec MCE600 last night and it is AWESOME. (I seem to be using that word a lot lately, Dan's reef tank photos, BRK, ...). Variable water level and all, it kicks solid foam. Going to fire up the new Giesemanns this weekend. Way cool to have a store that stocks quality equipment in VA. Wish we had more, but it is understandable since real estate such a huge problem in this area ...

Glad to hear the skimmer is kicking butt!

Just curious, Is it possible you could do a big purchase of 2 gallon size B-ionic 2 part? Sort of like you did with the salt mix instant ocean/ reef crystals. I would be in for maybe 4 units.

David B.