Pic of My Chalice From Mystical Lady!!!

Gadgets

Chris,

Didn't I hear you say you were going to frag and sell ASAP? :)

If your willing to trade your clowns for it and some other stuff... :)

Thanks everyone!!!

WOW!!! That looks awesome. Let me get a frag of that also :wig:.

Sorry. It was just a joke. I won't be fragging this. Its too nice!

Sorry. It was just a joke. I won't be fragging this. Its too nice!

I don't blame you, for now at least. I suspect I'll see frags of this from you and Rik in about a years time. Hopefully I'll be first on the list :biggrin:

*PROUDLY BEAMING*

WOW, chris.... that is an awesome pic of one of the babies'....

You just made my day!!!!!!!!!!

thanks for posting the pic..... I hope you have as much success as I have in raising the 'lil' feller......

Jan

Jan,

What kind of lighting did you have it under? What bulb combination did u use? Flow? Water quality?

I want to make sure I get as good of growth that u did. :)

is fragging a chalice just like fragging a monti?

is fragging a chalice just like fragging a monti?

No...

Some chalices are a 'soft' covering over a bony, blade-like substructure. You have to cut carefully; even holding the chalice too tightly can cause the bony blades to cut through the soft covering. Best to cut with diamond-bit dremel. And when I do it - I cut most of the way through from the bottom, and then slice the soft part with a scalpel. It seems to heal faster that way. Even then, there is a chance it will just recede from the cut edge and die. So you can't usually do TINY frags. Anything less than about 1/2" x 1/2" is unlikely to succeed. ... ... this is just from my experience cutting up one of mine a few times with no instructions. The first time, I tried to frag it like a monti. As time goes on, I'm sure I will get more chances to experiment. AND I have a tile saw now :)

Oh... did I mention - some of them put out incredible amounts of slime when cut? As in all over my glasses, in my hair, dripping from the light fixture...

bob

Jan,

What kind of lighting did you have it under? What bulb combination did u use? Flow? Water quality?

I want to make sure I get as good of growth that u did. :)

I only have T5s, Chris, so be sure not to burn it with the XM you got, though it does do better, it seems to me, with higher lights.....just give it alittle adjusting time :)

.... I found, in my tank, it does better:

high in tank, closer to the lights (T5s)

sits on a rock close to the intake/outake of the filter (H.O.T.)

there is a higher flow(compared to the rest of my tank) where it sits but never directly...

I do water changes once a month, 30 - 50%

I have actnics on for 30mins, then all lights for 10 hours, then actnics on for 30 mins.

2 x 39W Actinic Plus T5 HO Fluorescent (104036) by Giesemann (ordered from ReefGeek)

2 x 39W 6000K Midday Sun T5 HO Fluorescent (104034) by Giesemann (ordered from ReefGeek) constan

my temp is pretty constant at 78.7

With my tank, this coral seems to grow very fast, hopefully you will get the same results....

Good luck, Chris.... It is a beautiful coral when it gets established.... keep the pics coming ! I love to see what it does....

Edited by Mystical Lady

It's a very beautiful watermelon alien eye chalice. Beautiful hot pink and neon bright green edge. If you see it in person from Bob's tank, you probably would like a piece of this frag. I have several watermelon chalice frags, the one from Rasta is also another beautiful with smooth pink/red on the body, golden eye and green edge. Bendalat/Jan/Bob confirmed/non-confirmed Tyree watermelon alien eye chalice is another outstanding beautiful hotpink watermelon. Super bright, very nice. Congrats on the winning bid Chris! :)

I'll have to wait for turn for the next up bidding of this lineage. :)

Edited by vaironman

Thanks everyone!!!

I only have T5s, Chris, so be sure not to burn it with the XM you got, though it does do better, it seems to me, with higher lights.....just give it alittle adjusting time :)

.... I found, in my tank, it does better:

high in tank, closer to the lights (T5s)

sits on a rock close to the intake/outake of the filter (H.O.T.)

there is a higher flow(compared to the rest of my tank) where it sits but never directly...

I do water changes once a month, 30 - 50%

I have actnics on for 30mins, then all lights for 10 hours, then actnics on for 30 mins.

2 x 39W Actinic Plus T5 HO Fluorescent (104036) by Giesemann (ordered from ReefGeek)

2 x 39W 6000K Midday Sun T5 HO Fluorescent (104034) by Giesemann (ordered from ReefGeek) constan

my temp is pretty constant at 78.7

With my tank, this coral seems to grow very fast, hopefully you will get the same results....

Good luck, Chris.... It is a beautiful coral when it gets established.... keep the pics coming ! I love to see what it does....

Sweet! I have it under T5s now. So I hope to keep the color and get some good growth.

Yup. That's crappy pix, does not do justice for this beautiful watermelon if you see it in person. Congrats on your new collection, Rik. I know who has the real deal to purchase from in the future: Ben, Bob, Chris and Rik.

Oops, I thought you sold all of your frags Jan. Ok, here is the updated list of the beautiful watermelon chalices that we know owned within WAMAS club and we all will be happy to purchase from:

Ben, Bob, Jan, Chris and Rik. :)

Oops, I thought you sold all of your frags Jan. Ok, here is the updated list of the beautiful watermelon chalices that we know owned within WAMAS club and we all will be happy to purchase from:

Ben, Bob, Jan, Chris and Rik. :)

I kept one :) ...BTW, you can add BRK to the list..... they got one of my frags :) after begging for it.... (don't tell 'em I said that)....LOL

:bb:

Edited by Mystical Lady

There are others who have it also, but it's not my place to call them out to slammed w/PMs... :biggrin:

Hehehe... I've gotten e-mail from people that saw it on my website asking for frags! It's a very popular item.

bob

That's alright. I have a few nice frag of chalice that I am sure someone will be more than happy to swap with me when it's time ready to make a frag. My smooth................ red golden eye watermelon chalice from Rasta will be one for example. :)

That's alright. I have a few nice frag of chalice that I am sure someone will be more than happy to swap with me when it's time ready to make a frag. My smooth................ red golden eye watermelon chalice from Rasta will be one for example. :)

I call dibs!!!