Huge Power outage!!

johnnybv

A very large area lost power tonight from about 6 pm to 7:30 pm, my battery backup took over like a champ thank goodness!

Im in Bristow, did anyone else lose power?

A very large area lost power tonight from about 6 pm to 7:30 pm, my battery backup took over like a champ thank goodness!

I'm in Manassas and no problems here.

I think it was confined to that wierd place with the nursery, KOI stuff, and Marine stuff... wierd!

I did not... but my EX called from her store in the middle of Manassas, and was without power.

bob

I think it was confined to that wierd place with the nursery, KOI stuff, and Marine stuff... wierd!

I needed to kill the alarm, so I cut the power to BRK. I would've raided the place, but Johnny hadn't left yet. ARG!!!!!!

I needed to kill the alarm, so I cut the power to BRK. I would've raided the place, but Johnny hadn't left yet. ARG!!!!!!

lol :D

Hmmm, sound like you have been staking out the place James......Hmmmm

might James be that fish burglarer we've been discussing on the "most expensive fish" thread?

Johnny, I'm glad your backup worked!

The lights flickered just after 6pm in Manassas City, but i think it hit this side of PW County and some of Fauqiuer. all of the Bus 234 was at a standstill.

All was ok with me, hope no-one suffered any losses.

How long was it out for?

Anton

The lights flickered just after 6pm in Manassas City, but i think it hit this side of PW County and some of Fauqiuer. all of the Bus 234 was at a standstill.

All was ok with me, hope no-one suffered any losses.

How long was it out for?

Anton

Mine at home was out for 1 1/2 hours, never lost it at the shop, thank goodness....

Do you have any kind of power backup at the shop?

Mine at home was out for 1 1/2 hours, never lost it at the shop, thank goodness....

Do you have any kind of power backup at the shop?

I have a generator at the shop, but it is not automatic!

Johnny - what kind of battery backup system do you sell at your shop? And do you keep them in stock??

bob

What I use at home and sell, its not cheap, but it is the right tool for the job. Its on my website under dry goods, saftey / backup.

john

Bob, PM sent

My power went out this morning (in Woodbridge) for almost 2 hours. My tiny UPS had 20% left on it. I was a nervous wreck.

Cheers, :cheers:

Sean

Edited by rottloverr

What I use at home and sell, its not cheap, but it is the right tool for the job. Its on my website under dry goods, saftey / backup.

john

Bob, PM sent

Egads... yeah - that's not cheap.

http://www.blueribbonkoi.com/webcart/products.php?cat=28

But.... $2000 worth of corals on the other end of the balance scale. Hmmm... frag tank and 58 as well - better make that $3000. Not to mention the MESS you have to clean up when everything dies in there.

I'll be dropping by to take a look.

bob

Hey Johnny, I know you are always looking for new products to carry. I would like to know if you can get one of these for me. It would go along way towards satisfiying me home energy requirements....

http://www.engadget.com/2007/12/19/toshiba...or-your-garage/

:clap:

Oh yea, just what we need!! Nuclear reactors powering our tanks, hmm actually with all the power we use that may not be a half bad idea.

john

Bob, PM sent

Hi John,

Do you have the specifications of the unit? VA, Watts, Amps...