Now THAT'S a Tank

Guest Bethesda_Jim

I don't know if I would like the idea of that shape of a tank. Good price though.

Umm, that's still smaller than I would like for the upgrade from 150g. Got an extra chiller 1/2hp laying in basement for 2 1/2 years not even plugin since no need for basement tank.

Good deal for whom can get it under $400.

there's a chiller in the middle of that thing? Very interesting.

It's a lobster tank so it's designed to chill it way down to the temperatures that lobsters live in in the North Atlantic ocean. That is a tremendous deal, if you take a look at how much one of those costs from Marineland you'll see just how good a deal it is, if everything works. From the looks of that one, it looks brand new, despite the fact that it says used.

I think thats way bigger than 125 gallons! I'm thinkin closer to 300

pi * R2 * L - traveller is right on the money using 16" as the height.

Dave - did you see this?

http://www.starkproducts.com/product.cfm

WATER CHANGES ARE NOT REQUIRED!!!

The Stark Lobster system is no ordinary lobster tank. The filtration system was originally designed to maintain water quality for delicate warm water fish, such as Queen Angels, Parrot Fish, and even Lemon Sharks. This same system that will sustain these marine fish for years, in natural high density bio loadings (with no water changes), is the exact filtration used in each Stark Lobster System.

The Stark Lobster System has more filtration power and water cleaning capability than you ever thought you needed. If you want to be able to hold more lobsters, in cleaner water, so they really do taste better, and look more attractively displayed in a lighted environment, then the dividends from a Stark Lobster System will be yours to recoup for years to come.

The Stark Lobster System is no ordinary lobster tank.

WATER CHANGES ARE NOT REQUIRED .

It says it's 40x48x48, whatever that means.

tim

Hm, the manifest says 69x20x47.

I wonder if it's:

47" diameter

20" tall tank

69" tall when on the stand?

Looks like a great tank. I'd probably bid up to around 500 if I had a good place to put it. (I'm not even sure could get that in my front door if the stand doesn't break down)

It's 170 miles away, could even be picked up. I've rented uhaul trailers for $5/day with no mileage charge before to pick stuff like this up.

tim

Edited by extreme_tooth_decay

Looks like most systems run on 220v.

Where did you find that? Could you post a link please.

If I got the tank, I'd surely gut it anyway.

I like how the manufacturer on their web site refer to this tank as the "typical wal-mart model". heh.

They have other, very similar non-wal-mart models, that are much fancier (stainless steel stands, etc).

It's 170 miles away, could even be picked up. I've rented uhaul trailers for $5/day with no mileage charge before to pick stuff like this up.

tim

I have to pick up a 120 tank/stand/hood in NYC in a few weeks. Can you direct me to how I can rent one of these? Thanks!

I'm in... I'm placing a bid on it.

I'm signed up with them and am watching the bidding.

Trucking to my house is $256.00, the safest bet since it's insured all the way to the ground at my place.

Dave, you have to leave your CC with bid amount and shipping quote before you can place a bid.

Hence, me watching, for now..............

My bid name will be "fishguy" so don't run it up too much on me please.

I'm signed up with them and am watching the bidding.

Trucking to my house is $256.00, the safest bet since it's insured all the way to the ground at my place.

Dave, you have to leave your CC with bid amount and shipping quote before you can place a bid.

Hence, me watching, for now..............

My bid name will be "fishguy" so don't run it up too much on me please.

Chip, is this going to be your "downgrade" tank??

I have to pick up a 120 tank/stand/hood in NYC in a few weeks. Can you direct me to how I can rent one of these? Thanks!

If you have a trailer hitch on your vehicle, just go down to Uhaul and rent one. The trailers they rent are nice, enclosed, and super cheap.

I usually call around and find a uhaul that has the smallest size (4'x8' I think). I've rented those several times for $5/day. I used to use them to move full sized arcade games around. I would rent one here, drive to PA or NY, pick up the unit, and drive back. Very convenient. You can get the exact dimensions of the trailer from Uhaul's site HERE but I'm pretty sure the smallest size should suit you. Be sure to bring plenty of blankets. You can also rent blankets from Uhaul pretty cheap.

Another reason to call first is Uhaul will not rent trailers for some vehicles (Jeeps, for instance). You can make sure they will rent to you by calling ahead.

tim

Edited by extreme_tooth_decay