SPS Jackpot Brown to Superman to Rainbow?

bk_market

Just want to share one of my amazing recover montipora piece

I bought this piece as a brown montipora and after a month the piece change the color to all red polys with blue base (superman) then starting today I notice starting from the edge and some spot in the middle polys changing to yellow and green color (rainbow?). This piece is quite big so i will probably have a frag soon after it done changing color.

First pic at the bottom are startign to change to orange and green

P1050188.jpg

Edited by bk_market

perhaps it should be renamed chameleon coral

Rainbows are odd; I'm still not sure mine has finished changing itself. I'll try to post some pictures at some point. Coral was trans-shipped from Fiji. It started as purple polyps on a blue base. All the polyps turned brown. Then green. Then the edges started turning gold and orange. At this time, most frags are brown polyps in the center, and growing edges are orange polyps (blue background). The orange polyps are vibrant orange under actinics. And who knows if it's done changing.

Yours looks very nice! If the color is true - it's almost PINK.

bob

• 2 weeks later...

About 1.5 week later. Color changing still but look much nicer than the first pic I took less than 2 weeks ago when i first start noticing the change

P1050230.jpg

Hey bob, any chance for a pic of urs?

Edited by bk_market

how do i frag this piece? do i use hammer to break it in half from the bottom side?

Sure - just went and took some for you. Naturally the polyps on the frags closed up a little after I moved them into photo range. Here is a piece encrusting a rock in my 58:

IMG_1112.jpg

And here are three frags under normal tank light (mixed T5) in the frag tank:

IMG_1150.jpg

And this is what they look like under actinics:

IMG_1155.jpg

I would use a diamond-blade on a dremel to frag it. If you don't have access to one - try bone-cutting pliers.

Mine is quite fast growing for an encrusting coral.

<<Sales offer removed by moderator>> (I need $20 more for the coral to be paid for, then I'll SWAP it). I still have about 10 square inches of it on the original rock that I purchased. Grav (Phil) took about half of it and fragged it. Maybe he can post some pictures of how his has turned out under completely different lighting.

bob

Edited by YBeNormal

Found a couple more pictures. This is what it looked like when I got it (end of May):

IMG_0383.jpg

And this is what it looked like in mid-July:

IMG_0623.jpg

bob

Look what I found digging up my old memory stick :D

P1050081.jpg

this is a pic of the rainbow piece the day i got it. Ouch quite a different now

P1050272.jpg

Will work on hack and slash a couple frags out of this colony when i get my hand on a dremmel.

The first one looks like it may have come from Mr Coral. Is that right?

Look what I found digging up my old memory stick :D

P1050081.jpg

this is a pic of the rainbow piece the day i got it. Ouch quite a different now

P1050272.jpg

Will work on hack and slash a couple frags out of this colony when i get my hand on a dremmel.

I got one from him that bleached very badly and was brown that is starting to color up the same. i was hoping for a pokerstar however

<<Sales discussion deleted by moderator>> (I need $20 more for the coral to be paid for, then I'll SWAP it). I still have about 10 square inches of it on the original rock that I purchased. Grav (Phil) took about half of it and fragged it. Maybe he can post some pictures of how his has turned out under completely different lighting.

bob

hEY Bob,

<<Buying and selling is not allowed in this forum area.>>

thanks,

NIKI

Guys,

Buying and selling is restricted to the "For Sale/WTB/Free" forum. Please post there or use PMs for sales discussions.

hEY Bob,

<<Buying and selling is not allowed in this forum area.>>

thanks,

NIKI

Interesting... it was there for a week, and nobody seemed to care a bit, or even notice. It's hardly 'selling' at the prices I was thinking of. When I actually have some fragged and ready to sell - I'll post it in the for sale forum.

bob

It just wasn't noticed. We really don't spend our time searching for posts in the wrong area or not in compliance with the WAMAS guidelines but if one is noticed, we do what we must do.

It just wasn't noticed. We really don't spend our time searching for posts in the wrong area or not in compliance with the WAMAS guidelines. . .

You don't?? What the heck do you think we're paying you for!!

:biggrin: