Fall Meeting/Frag Workshop

davelin315

As a man with no morals as far as begging for stuff is concerned, I'll take the plunge for the three schools that have tanks!

Don't forget that your cast off corals may be welcome at a school near you! There's one in the Woodbridge area with Steve Outlaw, one in the Leesburg/Ashburn area with Doug Arthur/Cedar Lane, and of course, at Floris there are multiple tanks! If you're coming to the meeting and would like to give back to some of the schools and help promote education, please don't forget to bring things with you!

As a man with no morals as far as begging for stuff is concerned, I'll take the plunge for the three schools that have tanks!

Don't forget that your cast off corals may be welcome at a school near you! There's one in the Woodbridge area with Steve Outlaw, one in the Leesburg/Ashburn area with Doug Arthur/Cedar Lane, and of course, at Floris there are multiple tanks! If you're coming to the meeting and would like to give back to some of the schools and help promote education, please don't forget to bring things with you!

How 'ratty' can these frags be? :) I have some that are in such bad shape, I wouldn't even GIVE them away! Mostly assorted monti digi's that have died back, started growing again, died back again, etc...

bob

xenia o xenia,

I can give you some xenia,

xenia can grow like a weed.

From a small frag,

to mass that can make any coral gag,

for would you like some xenia.

To the tune of lydia the tatooed lady

Oooooooh

Lydia oh Lydia, say have you met Lydia,

Lydia, the Tattooed Lady.

She has eyes that folks adore so,

And a torso even more so.

Lydia oh Lydia, that encyclopidia,

Oh Lydia the Queen of Tattoo.

On her back is the Battle of Waterloo.

Beside it the wreck of the Hesperus, too.

And proudly above waves the Red, White, and Blue,

You can learn a lot from Lydia.

I would love to clean out the mushrooms and digitata from my frag tank. I'll pack it all up and bring it for you if there are no other takers.

I think steve broke down his school tank... ?

Actually, I just downsized it. I was going to break it down because there was no one at the school to take care of it. But, now they think they have someone. It's going to be a 26 bowfront instead of a 46 bowfront.

Absolutely! Anything is great in a tank in school. Heck, when I first set up the tank that's in Cedar Lane, it was nothing but aiptasia and bristle worms... and the kids LOVED it!

Absolutely! Anything is great in a tank in school. Heck, when I first set up the tank that's in Cedar Lane, it was nothing but aiptasia and bristle worms... and the kids LOVED it!

Yeah... but I don't want to actually SCARE the kids... or any of the new reefers:

IMG_0984.jpg

Now THOSE are some ratty frags!

bob

i have a frag of candy coral but not the brilliant green kind. if someone wants a free frag they are welcome or i can donate it to one of the school tanks.