Yauger's New Tank (pics)

NAGA

Yauger asked me for pics of the tank he is picking up tomorrow. Here it is;

51"x29"x28" 3/4" acrylic w/ over flow boxes being installed tomorrow.

DSC00540.jpg

DSC00541.jpg

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NICE!

NAGA... Are you going to drill the holes for the closed loop today or tomorrow during pick up? so I guess the bottom will have a total of 7 holes drilled...

Thanks again!! everything looks awesome!

BTW Tank Volume = 179.3 Gallons

The plan...

Oceans motions 4 way pushed via a sequence Dart for the closed loop system (2 inch drain, four 1" returns split into 2 loc line hoses each)

40 watt gamma UV

Sequence Dart for main return and feed lines for the skimmer and media reactors

TEK T5s & HQI lighting

and the list keeps going on and on...

I'll post some pictures when I get things together...

NAGA... Are you going to drill the holes for the closed loop today or tomorrow during pick up? so I guess the bottom will have a total of 7 holes drilled...

Thanks again!! everything looks awesome!

BTW Tank Volume = 179.3 Gallons

The plan...

Oceans motions 4 way pushed via a sequence Dart for the closed loop system (2 inch drain, four 1" returns split into 2 loc line hoses each)

40 watt gamma UV

Sequence Dart for main return and feed lines for the skimmer and media reactors

TEK T5s & HQI lighting

and the list keeps going on and on...

I'll post some pictures when I get things together...

That is so exciting. I would love to be able to stop by take a closer look of the set up.

James

Awesome! Congrats :wig:

Cheers, :cheers:

Sean

rottloverr@yahoo.com

Woodbridge,Va

Quote: I wanna have other fish say " darn I wanna be in his tank, he has pristine water".

Edited by rottloverr

So we going to build this inwall? Let me know if you need help setting up

One of these days I will try my hand at an acrylic tank. I love the look of the tank and you have a great builder. Good luck with it all.

I would love to have your honest opinion after you get a scratch at how easily you were able to remove it, and how it holds up over time. I am strongly considering my next tank being acrylic but am still a bit nervous about the prospect.

I am looking forward to following the thread.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Folks its been a while since the last update, so far have the tank in place with the top of the stand drilled with 7 holes for the closed loop and main drain & return.

gallery_1704_221_763446.jpg

Just to give you an idea on how big this thing is it's 51"X29"X28" = 180 total gallons...

gallery_1704_221_43896.jpg

Just want to add a shot of the almost furnished basement (just have to get the bar in with an additional couch for viewing the tank..

gallery_1704_221_310495.jpg

Heres some shots of the 4 returns of the Oceans Motions 4Way closed loop... All Drains/Returns has a true union ball valve.....

gallery_1704_221_75693.jpg

gallery_1704_221_223202.jpg

gallery_1704_221_1031183.jpg

gallery_1704_221_58089.jpg

gallery_1704_221_520235.jpg

gallery_1704_221_433715.jpg

Wanted to add some shots of the sump area... I painted the underside with high moisture paint and sealed it with polyurethane... if you can see the far right side the wall opens up to the back side of the laundry room where the skimmer and other reators are going to be housed... Also the RO/DI Unit will be mounted on the back wall with a US Plastics 20 gallon container for RO top off...

gallery_1704_221_65561.jpg

gallery_1704_221_870701.jpg

gallery_1704_221_338419.jpg

The Drain PVC will be painted RED for quick color ID, and the returns Black... Any pipes feeding the skimmer and other equipment in the back room will be white....

gallery_1704_221_253147.jpg

The main over flow and return from sump....

gallery_1704_221_121542.jpg

gallery_1704_221_406512.jpg

Thats it for now but I will post more when the plumbing, OM4WAY & sump are installed

Edited by yauger

New tank clarity (kind of like new car smell)! I'm assuming you're going bare bottom with this tank, right? If not, you're going to need to raise that feed for the closed loop and I'd also raise up that loc-line a bit before you add substrate (again, though, I'm assuming bare bottom).

that's as cool as it gets man - excellent job, your plumbing is stellar! Love the plasma too.

I didn't have luck with the Fusion, let us know how it goes.

jp

If not, you're going to need to raise that feed for the closed loop

I just noticed that too, don't think I've ever seen an intake on the bottom - what are the plans?

that's as cool as it gets man - excellent job, your plumbing is stellar! Love the plasma too.

I didn't have luck with the Fusion, let us know how it goes.

jp

I just noticed that too, don't think I've ever seen an intake on the bottom - what are the plans?

Thanks JP...

The intake for the Closed loop will be sectioned off with a 4" PVC pipe cut at 5" tall... I'm going to paint it black and silicone it in place creating a barrier around the intake preventing sand from flowing in... I'm also going to use pond foam to create a more natural look to disguise the 2" intake screener... After I place sand in the tank I will again cover it with live rock to create basically a neat structure to encase the entire intake to further prevent sand from getting in.... I will post some pictures of the work when I begin on Wednesday...

As for the returns of the closed loop I might add another link to the lines just to get it off the sand bed but I don't know how tall of a sand bed I'm going to have just yet... so I will address that when the time comes...

The overflow pipe still needs to be painted and shortened to make it presentable, I just put it in place to take the photos... I also will have to figure out how to turn the 45 pipe downward to create a dorso...

Lots to do but it's getting there....

New tank clarity (kind of like new car smell)! I'm assuming you're going bare bottom with this tank, right? If not, you're going to need to raise that feed for the closed loop and I'd also raise up that loc-line a bit before you add substrate (again, though, I'm assuming bare bottom).

nope not bare bottom, thin sand bed likely for looks... I will most likely have a remote DSB for denitrification using a 5 gallon bucket, uniseals, and powerheads...

All I can say is .....

SCHWEEEEEET!!!!!!!!!!!

:cheers:

Thanks man!

Yauger,

that's a nice looking tank.

That intake for the CL scares me. Seems to be that it will be easy to clog, have debris fall into. Can you fit another pipe into your overflow box? Maybe plumb the intake for the CL directly into the side of the box.

Garrett.

Coming along quite Nicely :)

yeah I think so to, so for this week I will have multiple items coming in the mail:

Sequence Dart

Oceans Motions 4Way

Gamma 40 Watt UV

Heaters

Chiller

Great white cleaning magnet

Salt (Instant Ocean 3 X 200 gallon buckets)

30 gallon breeder tank

2 media reactors

ETSS Downdraft skimmer w/ Pan World pump

TEK 8 X 56 WATT T5's Black Fixture

150 lbs of Marco Figi dry rocks... 2 large pieces the rest softball and base ball sizes

US plastics 20 gallon container X 2 (these things are great take up 1 sq ft of space)

4 maxijets 1200

I still need to order another pump for the main return I just haven't made my mind up yet on which to buy... the list keeps growing but thats to be expected I guess...

I will post some more pictures when the mail gets in...

Christmas is early this year!

Yauger,

that's a nice looking tank.

That intake for the CL scares me. Seems to be that it will be easy to clog, have debris fall into. Can you fit another pipe into your overflow box? Maybe plumb the intake for the CL directly into the side of the box.

Garrett.

no can't do that, I have based the tank design on a tank from RC.... completely 360 viewing... the intake will be built to prevent most things from going in... Sand is the enemy for me right now and I think the structure will take care of that, I will finish the intake for the closed loop this week and take pictures for you to see what I'm talking about...

I look forward to it. It looks sharp already.

thanks gastone, things have been a bear with this project so far with $$ being the main delay in setting it up... needless to same there will be no other presents under the tree for me this year... :biggrin:

I hope it works out buddy, I'm nervous for you regarding that intake but you are indeed boned if you want the 360 thing - although you could plumb through the wall at one of the sides too, and hide the pipe against the archway. I have no doubts you know what you are doing.

With that much surface area, you could do a 4-5" sand bed and scrap the remote bucket thingy.

I hope it works out buddy, I'm nervous for you regarding that intake but you are indeed boned if you want the 360 thing - although you could plumb through the wall at one of the sides too, and hide the pipe against the archway. I have no doubts you know what you are doing.

With that much surface area, you could do a 4-5" sand bed and scrap the remote bucket thingy.

Yeah I was thinking the same... 4 - 5" of sand in the display should be enough... If I have any issues with the main intake for the closed loop the best alternative would be to raise the pipe 6" into the water column to prevent any issues...