zotzer's 46G bowfront

zotzer

Check temp? Not an expert, but in my tank when the soft stuff shrivles it normally means temps are out of wack... anyway hope this helps

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Temp is spot-on 80 degrees, and has been for some time. I check it multiple times per day, now that I have an accurate measuring device (cheapo $2 glass thermometer! LOL)

Tracy

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
(edited)

Well, it's been a long long time since I've updated this thread. Tank is still going, in spite of great laziness on my part.

You will see that I've got a patch of turf algae in the center/right, and that all of the gorgeous purple coralline on the back wall is now gone. That's what you get when a new puppy comes into the house and you get lazy with water changes. The green monti and brown monti digi have obviously been sucking up all of the calcium that does find its way into the tank. I'll have to link to my last FTS somehow so people can see side-by-side how they've grown.

The Royal Gramma became a fish chip after carpet surfing some time ago, and the saddest news of all....Spot, while not discovered on the rug, disappeared one day never to be seen again. His disappearance may have been one reason I got a bit lazy with the tank. I can hardly bear to take care of it sometimes, without his comical little presence. One of these days, I'll have to get a new one.

Anyway, without further ado...here she is:

gallery_1752_3_318770.jpg

Tracy

edit: wow, hard to believe that this was the most recent prior FTS. Over a year ago....really??!! Wow how time flies! Hmmm, seems like the tank has really grown into itself, huh?

gallery_1752_3_108081.jpg

Edited by zotzer

Steve,

Yep....remora pro, and cpr hob fuge on a reverse light schedule.

You'll see that the kenya tree (although shriveled in the pic) is still going strong, and that little piece of pulsing xenia on the LR I bought from you is an entire colony now.

Who'd have thunk when I came and bought this tank and LR from you that it would turn out this nice, huh? LOL I really do love it!!

Tracy

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks all! The green monti though is starting to cause problems. It's about 8" across and is shading everything under it. It is firmly encrusted on an 18" piece of tonga branch. It would be a shame to frag it, as it is so big and perfect, but I have no idea who would want such a huge thing, or how they could ever transport it.

I'll have to work this out somehow, before it fills in the whole top of the tank! LOL