How to slice and dice, no more teasing

Grav

Well, I was hoping to get a bit more feedback... would really like to know what the issue was with those folks that could only hear it.

Anyway, here is the 1st vid of cut #1. Yet to come are Chip's 2nd cut on the 1st RBTA, Lee's cut of his green BTA still on a rock, and the 2nd RBTA with a bit of description.

LINK

Thanks again Chip

Phil

New single edge blade.

I thought it went pretty smooth considering

The key is to stay in the same slot as you cut through the mouth area which can feel like cartilage. You need to halve the "tube" and it moves as you try to cut. Too much pressure on the amenone and it deflates too much or bulges were you don't want /expect it too.

Then you hold the half and cut thru the remaining half tube and on into the tissue behind. It's very gelatenous and not as easy as it may seem.

Jamesbuf is getting me a couple scapels to try so we'll see.

New single edge blade.

I thought it went pretty smooth considering

The key is to stay in the same slot as you cut through the mouth area which can feel like cartilage. You need to halve the "tube" and it moves as you try to cut. Too much pressure on the amenone and it deflates too much or bulges were you don't want /expect it too.

Then you hold the half and cut thru the remaining half tube and on into the tissue behind. It's very gelatenous and not as easy as it may seem.

Jamesbuf is getting me a couple scapels to try so we'll see.

Chip,

What do you think of using the razor blade of the haircutter uses to shave off short hair.

Chip,

What do you think of using the razor blade of the haircutter uses to shave off short hair.

I don't know I'm sure what that is.

I was thinking of asking the guy at the sushi bar if I can borrow one of his knives but I've never seen them cut grissely like stuff with it. A filet knife like.

If you've never worked with an anemone this way, it's a whole new experience and not what it appears like.

Guest NorthStarAquatics

I have a nice pair of kitchen shears I was thinking about trying. One slice. The video made me grit my teeth the whole time. I did poke a hole in the base of one while I was trying to get it off a rock, it seems no worse for wear...

Jon

I don't know I'm sure what that is.

I was thinking of asking the guy at the sushi bar if I can borrow one of his knives but I've never seen them cut grissely like stuff with it. A filet knife like.

If you've never worked with an anemone this way, it's a whole new experience and not what it appears like.

In a coming video, Chip explains how to make the 2nd cut and shows how to find the mouth to cut it a 2nd time.

same here

I still can't get any video out of it... it runs, but no picture.

bob

same here

That's becuase you didn't come in person. You should have come.

That's becuase you didn't come in person. You should have come.

I would have LOVED to come and watch, but it just wasn't meant to be.

Will be down for about half an hour while I update the site and add another 2 clips.

Those not seeing the video, what media player are you using? What version? Have you tried updating it?

using windows media player - dont know what version, but i just re-installed windows a couple months ago and updated everything

hehe

Thanks Nadir,

You will hear me talking about the camera in one of the video clips.

For those who the video is not working: You need to install a codec to get it to run. Here is a link to the DivX download page.

http://www.divx.com/divx/windows/download/index.php

After you download and agree to the license, you can select which parts you want installed. The only part necessary is the first one, the codec (everything in this tree should be checked). You can uncheck everything else. You do not need to install the google toolbar, google desktop or give them your email address. When it is finished, you will be able to play it.

Thanks for posting the vid! :cheers:

For those who the video is not working: You need to install a codec to get it to run. Here is a link to the DivX download page.

http://www.divx.com/divx/windows/download/index.php

After you download and agree to the license, you can select which parts you want installed. The only part necessary is the first one, the codec (everything in this tree should be checked). You can uncheck everything else. You do not need to install the google toolbar, google desktop or give them your email address. When it is finished, you will be able to play it.

Thanks for posting the vid! :cheers:

That works! Thanks!

bob

Please be patient with the video/audio aspect of my anemone fragging presentation.

We will be posting these directly on the WAMAS site soon.

Thanks all for helping figgure that out, I had a feeling it was a codex update problem.

There are more videos ready, see the other post.

Phil