New member saying hello.

SnowHeart

Just wanted to say hello and introduce myself. I just submitted an application to join the WAMAS as a member, and will be moving (back) to DC this September. Currently I'm keeping a 29 gallon FW fish tank and a 12 gallon FW tank for a crawfish. In September, after months of research (and the move), I'm planning on setting up a 90 gallon FOWLR tank. When I used to live in DC, I wasn't into the hobby so I don't know what resources are available, so I may be asking a lot of questions and poking my head around these forums. The Boston Reefers Society is a great resource, so I'm assuming WAMAS is too. Looking forward to chatting with you all. Thanks! :)

Glad to see your going to join us :clap: seriously the best $20 spent in the hobby. When are you planning on moving (Back) down to DC?

When are you planning on moving (Back) down to DC?

Early September, but really the whole month is going to be moving (painting the condo, getting new furniture and -- ahem -- setting up the aquarium that my better half is very worried about). :biggrin: Looking forward to getting back to DC. Boston has been great, but DC was better and we have more friends there.

Thanks for the kind welcome, btw.

Snowy :)

Early September, but really the whole month is going to be moving (painting the condo, getting new furniture and -- ahem -- setting up the aquarium that my better half is very worried about). :biggrin: Looking forward to getting back to DC. Boston has been great, but DC was better and we have more friends there.

Thanks for the kind welcome, btw.

Snowy :)

I had a friend who moved up to bean town awhile ago (Casey) And I think shes doing the same as you moving back down south. Good luck on the move if your going to ship any corals for the move you're more than welcome to send 'em to my house!! :biggrin:

I had a friend who moved up to bean town awhile ago (Casey) And I think shes doing the same as you moving back down south. Good luck on the move if your going to ship any corals for the move you're more than welcome to send 'em to my house!! :biggrin:

Boston is nice, but the winters are long and cold, and it's a bit more difficult to make friends here (folks aren't as transient here, so they already have friends and it's tough to break into those circles). Anyway, unfortunately no corals now -- just freshwater tanks that I'll be breaking down and livestock I'll be giving away. I'll be sad to give away Gumbo, my blue procambarus alleni, but he'll never survive the trip.

Boston is nice, but the winters are long and cold, and it's a bit more difficult to make friends here (folks aren't as transient here, so they already have friends and it's tough to break into those circles). Anyway, unfortunately no corals now -- just freshwater tanks that I'll be breaking down and livestock I'll be giving away. I'll be sad to give away Gumbo, my blue procambarus alleni, but he'll never survive the trip.

seriously if you wanted to keep some of your live stock you could fedex overnight it to someone in WAMAS who has a QT tank that can house it for a fee or something along those lines... Just post the question and see who is will to help..

Welcome,

Say hello to Joe Scavo (Boston reefers)for us before you leave. ( Helped us out a bunch planning macna 17. )

:) I think we have some pretty active and knowledgable members here. Taught me tons. Look for our fall meeting in october.

If you don't want to part with your fish and want to take them with you, let me know. I currently have a 55 gal, 46 gal and a 35 gal fresh water tanks. I also have a spare 20 and a 10 gal tank that I can QT and watch your fresh water fish for you until you settle into your new home. I'll be happy to help.

James

Welcome. Let us know where in the DC area you plan to locate. We have members in DC, MD, and Virginia and you'll want to know who's close by for convenient trades, equipment/emergency help, and other help.

Gosh guys, thanks for the offers to try to find places to house my fish. Honestly, I think the only way I can talk my partner into the saltwater plunge is to give up the other tanks (although the 29g will become a fuge/sump). I don't like giving them up, but that's the trade off (particularly to maintain harmony on the homefront).

Steve: Thanks. We'll be moving into McLean Gardens off Wisconsin Ave in NW DC, but... "have car, will travel." :) I'm hoping to luck out in September and find someone looking to unload a 90g and stand and maybe some rock and sand to boot.

hi, welcome snowheart

Gosh guys, thanks for the offers to try to find places to house my fish. Honestly, I think the only way I can talk my partner into the saltwater plunge is to give up the other tanks (although the 29g will become a fuge/sump). I don't like giving them up, but that's the trade off (particularly to maintain harmony on the homefront).

Steve: Thanks. We'll be moving into McLean Gardens off Wisconsin Ave in NW DC, but... "have car, will travel." :) I'm hoping to luck out in September and find someone looking to unload a 90g and stand and maybe some rock and sand to boot.

I love this... a WOMAN whose male counterpart isn't really into HER saltwater hobby!

Not that I've seen the reverse around WAMAS or anything... *cough*

If I still had a wife, I would have chased her out today... (Thanks for all those nice acans and blasto's, BRK - I'll just pay the light bill next month... maybe... what's in the next shipment? I think I still have access to my daughter's college fund) :biggrin:

Welcome aboard, Snow!

bob

Guest Bemmer

Welcome to WAMAS. Look forward to meeting you at the next social.

Rebecca