It's been 7+ years. What did I miss?

I'm finally back in the DMV* after 7+ years. (Currently tankless :sad:)

What did I miss? What's worth seeing? Who had the best bourbon and tank tours? 

*Rockville

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome back! As you have probably noticed there's been a bit of a slowdown. Possibly covid related? Personally, my tank is on auto pilot and I don't get to enjoy it as much as I used to. I haven't been able to make it to any meetings due to a demanding work schedule, and it seems like a lot of the OG's have slowed down with (IMO) more people leaving the hobby then are joining! 

Tank tours are a blast from the past! 

Welcome back. I'm not really sure why WAMAS has slowed from @ 10 years ago.....I took a break also and dabbled in freshwater and reptiles....but realized my true love is saltwater. I was amazed I remembered my password here :)

The for sale section is always hopping even when the rest isn't!  I feel like the general forum activity picks up around meetings and occasionally for a particular build or project, but the baseline is a slow burn.

Welcome back! I remember that screen name, how can I not? Lot's of old timers still here, just not as active....Regardless, we all still support the club!

• 2 weeks later...

Seems like the non-for sale section is seasonal. There are some more active local Facebook groups but all seem to be geared towards sales, so not a good place to hang. 

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome back! Get a tank. 

My tank is still running but I've neglected it for a for years. Now I am just getting over Dinos and exciting to give it some love again. 

• 5 weeks later...