Maybe getting back in

BowieReefer84

Living in Ellicott City, and have been out of the hobby for a while. Just renewed my membership. 

Wondering what stores or websites are around this area that folks would recommend, or any local hobbyist to 21042? Tried to check out marine depot and saw they don't even exist any longer. I am trying to avoid those trips to Northern Virginia.

I have a nice wall in my basement with an unfinished side, with a utility sink... thinking an in wall this go around. The only equipment I have left from the hobby is a refractometer. 

Can't wait to catch up on tank of the months. Lots of unread posts.

Mike

Edited by BowieReefer84

Welcome back! Good see a familiar avatar from back in the day. Lot's of MD'ers from the northern 'burbs of DC so they will chime in soon enough. By the way, I remember going to Marine Scene (assume you meant "scene) too! Definitely a few new LFS but some old ones still exist.

Edited by howaboutme

1 hour ago, howaboutme said:

Welcome back! Good see a familiar avatar from back in the day. Lot's of MD'ers from the northern 'burbs of DC so they will chime in soon enough. By the way, I remember going to Marine Scene (assume you meant "scene) too! Definitely a few new LFS but some old ones still exist.

I meant MarineDepot.com It looks like BRS bought them out I guess. Seems BRS is the only website now for reef tanks?

28 minutes ago, BowieReefer84 said:

I meant MarineDepot.com It looks like BRS bought them out I guess. Seems BRS is the only website now for reef tanks?

Ah! I see. I was caught up in your NOVA comments. :biggrin:

For brick and mortar LFS's there have been a few to come and go: The latest that I'm aware of is AquaHaus which has taken over the space in Brookfield Plaza (Springfield) that Quantum Reefs used to occupy. Worth a look if you're down that way.

Hey man, welcome back! I'm closer to you now, Hyattsville. Was in Ellicott City last night, still a bit of a drive, but not as far as Arlington!