How big a colony have you killed

menglish

So, my recent tank crash has really gutted me.

I have loss all of my HUGE sps colonies, about 12. I some growing for over 8 years

their size i was guess were from volleyball to pass basketball size.

Here are two examples.

So, has anyone kill bigger colonies?

IMG_2342.jpg

IMG_2356.jpg

Oh nooo! What happened?! Was this recent?

I lost a chalice the size of a dinner plate during a battle with a severely toxic type of cyano (killed all of my fish and most of my corals - it was one of the most horrific things I've ever battled). 

Sorry, Milton! My last tank crash was about 11 years ago and occurred after a move. I won't get into details but, like you, I set off a chain reaction that claimed about 90% of my colonies and about 1/3 of my fish. Some were not quite the size of the one in your first picture and I had a couple that were about the size that Aaron (wildcrazyjoker81) posted above. It was heartbreaking to say the least. I can almost remember getting into the house (which we had bought but had not yet moved into because I was building out the basement) and being greeted by that funky ocean water smell. Coming around the corner and seeing the milky, cloudy water was a huge let down. 

It hurts, but you CAN come back. But you'll never forget that feeling.

Really sorry to hear it, Milton.  I have definitely been there.  Sometimes mysterious, sometimes dumb mistakes, but it is always crushing.

I hope you jump back in after feeling sad/mad for a bit.