55 replies to this topic

#1 mrbee2828

mrbee2828

Hatchling

• BB Member
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 02:06 PM

The Mid-Atlantic Marine Aquarium Society (MAMAS) would like to invite you to the 2013 Fall Frag Fest located in Virginia Beach, VA on October 19, 2013 from 10:30am-5:30pm. The Fall Frag Fest is an opportunity for reef aquarists in the mid-atlantic region to come together for a day of shopping, education, conversation, contests and family fun. With over a dozen vendors from across the eastern seaboard, 2 renowned industry experts speaking and booth decoration and costume contest throughout the day, we have something for everyone. Tickets are just $5 and kids 12 and under are free. We're going to be selling VIP passes for a 9:30 early bird entrance and include our new 1.026 MAMAS stickers.

Vendors

The Fall Frag Fest will host over a dozen vendors, including large scale, renowned aquarists to the garage hobbyist, local fish stores, as well as companies of all sizes. As of 9/17 we are 100% confirmed on all booths. Thank you to our vendors for their support!

floor-plan.jpg

Speakers
Throughout the day we will have 2 educational sessions by Dr. Mac from PEA and Steve Tyree of Reef Farmers.

Sponsors
If you are interested in becoming a sponsor, please contact our staff for details and an application form at info@mid-atlanticmas.com.

Contests
We will be hosting several contest throughout the day starting with a best vendor booth decoration contest. Attendees can vote for their favorite booth and the winner will get their booth fee for free. Winner swill be announced at the close of the festival. We will also be hosting a costume contest for the kid 12 and under. Our vendors will vote for their favorite costume of the days. We'll also have candy to giveaway as well as contests and giveaways. Please contact our staff for more details at info@mid-atlanticmas.com.

Volunteers
MAMAS is searching for volunteers in an effort to staff the event. Volunteers will be asked to work for half of the day in exchange for free admission to the festival, a chance to shop and hear from one of out speakers. If you are interested in being a volunteer, please contact our staff for details and an application form at info@mid-atlanticmas.com.

#2 kjamaya

kjamaya

Grandmaster Reefer

• WAMAS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,343 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 03:24 PM

Nice, may make the trip.

#3 Mattiejay6

Mattiejay6

Grandmaster Reefer

• Vendor Member
  • 1,501 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 03:41 PM

Ooohhh..

#4 TheyCallMeMr.703

TheyCallMeMr.703

Grandmaster Reefer

• WAMAS Member
  • 1,592 posts
  • Interests:Watching My Tank, as tho' it is a tv... :)

Posted 10 September 2013 - 04:13 PM

I may too.. I'm just debatin, because that is quite a drive to make... Would have to Have a Caravan or Somethin'... ;)

I'm Currently Running --> 
       90g Mixed Reef w/55g D.I.Y. Sump.    & 40g Jack Dempsey, Pair ( 6 Years)(Fresh)      :cheers:          
 ~ Mistakes, tend to come from being Too Comfortable. ~
 Take your time everyone.

#5 ExoticReefCreations

ExoticReefCreations

Grandmaster Reefer

• Premium Sponsor
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 05:36 PM

Just had a long talk with Ben about this swap. It sounds very promusing, we are booking a booth for the show. Wamas lets help support this clubs first event and make it one to remember!

#6 smallreef

smallreef

Oracle Reefer

• WAMAS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,999 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 07:09 PM

Road trip!
If I have that weekend I'm so there!

#7 mrbee2828

mrbee2828

Hatchling

• BB Member
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 10:18 PM

Apparently I can't edit the main post anymore. Not sure if this is a limitation due to posts or because of replies. We've confirmed www.zoanthids.com as of this evening.

#8 treesprite

treesprite

breaker of tanks... and bones

• WAMAS Member
  • 8,548 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 10:46 PM

I'd like to suggest we take a group down in a van or small bus.

Edited by treesprite, 10 September 2013 - 10:48 PM.

Forrest

Posted Image

Posted Image

#9 mr.x-ray

mr.x-ray

Reefer

• WAMAS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 320 posts
  • Interests:Tanks and Sailing

Posted 11 September 2013 - 03:13 PM

Well the GF has been bugging me about going down there for a weekend soon. The sacrifices I make. 😇

180g AGA

80g Blue line frag tank

40g sump

30g fuge/dsb

#10 mrbee2828

mrbee2828

Hatchling

• BB Member
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 08:50 PM

Let me know if I can help anyone out on hotel recommendations, places to eat. local shops to checkout while you are here etc. 

#11 mrbee2828

mrbee2828

Hatchling

• BB Member
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 03:52 PM

1026-sticker.png

I just ordered some custom vinyl stickers for MAMAS promotion. My reefer spin on the 1/2 marathon stickers. They should be available end of next week! $2ea

#12 Origami

Origami

WAMAS President

• Officer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,493 posts
  • Interests:Scuba, reefkeeping

Posted 16 September 2013 - 03:59 PM

Innovative. I like it!

Tom

Main tank: 210g display (mostly SPS), 50g custom NAGA-built frag, 20g Anemone tank, 15g macroalgae tank, and 100g Rubbermaid sump. GSA Custom 12 modified with 2 Waveline DC6000 pumps, NextReef MR1 Monster media reactor running carbon & GFO, Avast reactor running biopellets, Deltec KM500 Kalk Stirrer, Korallin C4002 Calcium Reactor modded with internal pH probe, Avast ozone reactor, Reeflo Dart main pump.

Why join WAMAS? Here's one hobbyist's testimonial.

#13 mrbee2828

mrbee2828

Hatchling

• BB Member
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 11:02 PM

As of this evening we're 100% confirmed with our last 3 vendors, Joe Knows Reefs, Headie Corals and the one and only Steve Tyree. Steve will also be speaking at the event. We've also gained some sponsors today. A big thank you to Drs Foster and Smith as well as Premium Aquatics! Tickets to the event will also be going on sale this week to ensure we get you out of town reefers inside!

#14 TheyCallMeMr.703

TheyCallMeMr.703

Grandmaster Reefer

• WAMAS Member
  • 1,592 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 12:34 AM

Innovative. I like it!

Couldn't of said it better myself.

90g Mixed Reef w/55g D.I.Y. Sump.    & 40g Jack Dempsey, Pair ( 6 Years)(Fresh)      :cheers:          
 Take your time everyone.

#15 Origami

Origami

WAMAS President

• Officer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,493 posts
  • Interests:Scuba, reefkeeping

Posted 18 September 2013 - 11:11 AM

Original post updated. Vendor update. Speaker update. Event time / Early Bird admission update.

Tom

Main tank: 210g display (mostly SPS), 50g custom NAGA-built frag, 20g Anemone tank, 15g macroalgae tank, and 100g Rubbermaid sump. GSA Custom 12 modified with 2 Waveline DC6000 pumps, NextReef MR1 Monster media reactor running carbon & GFO, Avast reactor running biopellets, Deltec KM500 Kalk Stirrer, Korallin C4002 Calcium Reactor modded with internal pH probe, Avast ozone reactor, Reeflo Dart main pump.

Why join WAMAS? Here's one hobbyist's testimonial.

#16 matt

matt

Master Reefer

• WAMAS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 949 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 12:10 PM

I use to be part of the HRRC....wish this kind of thing would have happened back then while I was there in Hampton Roads. Perhaps I'll take a road trip and 'visit family' there next month...would be nice to catch this event. great job getting things off the ground!

#17 mrbee2828

mrbee2828

Hatchling

• BB Member
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 10:50 PM

Sign up for our mailing list at the bottom of our homepage to get an email when VIP tickets go on sale this week http://bit.ly/18cwNEG

#18 s2nhle

s2nhle

Reefer

• WAMAS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 09:23 PM

Let me check with my lady boss about this. Maybe i can drag her along.

#19 mrbee2828

mrbee2828

Hatchling

• BB Member
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 11:33 AM

Tickets are now on sale to the general public. There are some VIP tickets left. Note that we are using TicketLeap and while you can print the tickets, you can also grab a digital ticket for your iPhone or Android supported ticket wallet.

http://mamas.ticketl...13fallfragfest/

Edited by mrbee2828, 20 September 2013 - 11:40 AM.

#20 mrbee2828

mrbee2828

Hatchling

• BB Member
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 09:26 AM

We've managed to secured a handful of rooms at the Country Inn at the Virginia Beach Oceanfront for our out of town guests. Ask for the MAMAS Group rate which should be $74.99 before taxes and fees. Please note that we've learned there is another event happening that weekend and rooms are filling up. You can book now and cancel up to 72hrs before your stay with no charge. If you are thinking about coming and staying you should jump on this asap and then shop around if you want to. Contact 1-800-830-5222 or 1-757-437-9100 for reservations.

More information about the hotel can be found here: http://www.countryin...a-23451/vavabch

#21 mrbee2828

mrbee2828

Hatchling

• BB Member
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 09:28 AM

Also, stickers are now available for $2 + shipping. I will be posting a order page later this week. We are also getting some shirts done. Red and blue will be available for $20 and you can look for our staff in purple.

stickers.jpg

shirt_mocks.jpg

#22 monkiboy

monkiboy

Oracle Reefer

• Vendor Member
  • 3,710 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 09:31 AM

wow - this is incredible. i want stickers and a couple shirts!

not that it's the sole motivator or anything, but if i volunteer do i get a free "staff" shirt? i happen to know i pull purple off really well.

not using a quarantine tank is like playing russian roulette. nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others.

#23 mrbee2828

mrbee2828

Hatchling

• BB Member
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 02:34 PM

Yup, coraline costumes for all volunteers :)

#24 TheyCallMeMr.703

TheyCallMeMr.703

Grandmaster Reefer

• WAMAS Member
  • 1,592 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 02:59 PM

I'm quite interested... tryin' to figure out How and Who I am going down with... My Birthday is only 5 days before... So , May be My Lil' Present to myself. ;)

Take your time everyone.

#25 mrbee2828

mrbee2828

Hatchling

• BB Member
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 03:37 PM

I'm quite interested... tryin' to figure out How and Who I am going down with... My Birthday is only 5 days before... So , May be My Lil' Present to myself. ;)

Sounds perfect :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users