Store closing sale?

All equiipment must go! Tanks, pumps, filters, racks. Great deals!

4946A Eisenhower Ave.

Alexandria, VA

703-370-2204

Open to public:

Monday,September 25 - Friday,September 29

9AM-4PM

I did a search on Google using the adress and this is what came up:

NOVA TROPICALS INC 703-370-2204

4946 EISENHOWER AVE # A

ALEXANDRIA, VA 22304

Hey Charlie. What time and day do u plan to head out there?

prolly during lunch on monday... any other guys from MD/moco/nw let me know, we can carpool.

i wonder if they'll have biocube 8s? i wannnnnt one.

NOVA Tropicals used to be a wholesale supplier to LFS's. On ocassion joe public would get in, but most of the time you needed an account.

sweet i bet they'll have some cool stuff then!

Thanks for the heads up!

Anyone want to go plunder with me first thing Monday morning? Arrrrhhhh....

Sweet I'm USEFUL :biggrin:. Best of luck to the bunch of you, thats a bit far for me, maybe that guy John or what ever at BRK would be interested? I'd like to hear what;s found

sweet i bet they'll have some cool stuff then!

For frag tank set up, yes. I suspect the good stuff will have been picked over by the LFS's and they are cleaning out the rest......but there is always hope they decided to buy a bunch of really good, rare, and exotic live stock right before going out of business :)

For frag tank set up, yes. I suspect the good stuff will have been picked over by the LFS's and they are cleaning out the rest......but there is always hope they decided to buy a bunch of really good, rare, and exotic live stock right before going out of business :)

With it being picked over by LFS do you think it is worth the trip then?

With it being picked over by LFS do you think it is worth the trip then?

It has been years since I have been in there, but I would not expect much in the way of livestock, prob a better deal for someone in aquaculture, big fish room, etc.

This is all based on them selling all the life support and my ancient experience with Nova Trop, the owner, etc. If they are selling the tanks, etc., what is the livestock in?

I was more interested in the tanks and supplies that they would have.

It has been years since I have been in there, but I would not expect much in the way of livestock, prob a better deal for someone in aquaculture, big fish room, etc.

This is all based on them selling all the life support and my ancient experience with Nova Trop, the owner, etc. If they are selling the tanks, etc., what is the livestock in?

I was there about 1 year ago. I spoke with the owner and she said, back then, that she didn't think she could keep the place going. She wasn't making any money. When I was their she no longer did anything with salt water fish or corals. It was all fresh. Mostly generic fresh water. Goldfish, guppies neons. Some other stuff.

Although she appeared to be really nice. I don't recall much being there of use. Unless people are looking for used tanks for sumps and stuff. Kinda sad though that she couldn't stay afloat.

Kinda sad though that she couldn't stay afloat.
They can no longer compete with LFS's ordering direct from LA wholesalers, etc.

When I was buying for local shop(s) and service business G&G, Mid-Atlantic, and NOVA were the only cost effective salt water wholesale operations in town.

That was half a life ago and the distribution model has improved immensely, for buyer, LFS, and livestock.

Don't feel bad for the death of a model that should have been retired years ago. I do wish her the best, she did a nice business for about 20 years.

I stopped in there today and unless you are looking for used tanks then don't bother. They are a FW wholesale place and most of the glass tanks are very old looking. I actually walked out without anything because I didn't want to risk any unknown chemicals or treatments that may have used. They did have a huge acrylic setup that was nice, but I think it was being sold when I got there.

I'm sure the new owner will put it to good use.

I stopped in there today and unless you are looking for used tanks then don't bother. They are a FW wholesale place and most of the glass tanks are very old looking. I actually walked out without anything because I didn't want to risk any unknown chemicals or treatments that may have used. They did have a huge acrylic setup that was nice, but I think it was being sold when I got there.

I'm sure the new owner will put it to good use.

I was there this morning as well! All of the Acrylic tanks are gone (I bought them all for) They did have about 200 glass 40 gallon breeder tanks that they are asking $20 for. You could probably find a couple that were not to beaten up but most of them are really old.

Othere then tanks they don't have much to offer.

Is a new fish store opening there?

No but there will be an expansion of one coming soon!