Anyone using a CO2 scrubber?

TonyInVa

I do, gets me about a .2 boost. I just converted a brs carbon reactor i already had. I run it recirculating which helps media last longer, usually about 6 weeks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I used to but took it offline because I went through media like crazy and it still didn’t get the PH level to were I wanted. I now have my skimmer line pulling air from outside and a separate skimmer pump pumping oxygenated air in to the sump also pulling air from outside. Does a way better job and is more consistent but I am still not at the PH levels I want.

I use one.  I could not get my PH above 7.8.  Once I added it, it's now up to 8.1.  I also have air line tube drawing outside air into my skimmer.  I have had the airline on it for about six months with no change.  As soon as I add the CO2 scrubber, it immediately moved up.

Maybe use a kalk stirrer instead?  It adds alk and calcium in a balanced way and also scavenges CO2 from the water.

Ya I need to stop being lazy and set it up ASAP.

I do use a Kalk Stirrer. Currently my ph isn't bad. According to my Apex the low has been around 8.1 at night and high is 8.3.  But last Winter I remember it being around 7.8. I will see what my options are as far as running my skimmer intake outside.

I do but I have never replaced the media after installing. IMO they make a better skimmer silencer than anything and that's exactly the reason I keep it online.