MICMOL lighting?

Still_human

Does anyone know of, or even familiar with MICMOL lighting? I’ve never even heard of that company. Someone who is upgrading tanks has offered me these MICMOL LED fixtures, which SOUND perfectly fine from descriptions, and I saw pictures of his tank with them on, and they looked fantastic, and are apparently very easy to work with. Previously I would’ve jumped on the offer, but this will be my 4th attempt at LED fixtures, and since most of the ones I’ve gotten were used, I’m a little worried about getting used, even tho the new LEDs I’ve gotten were just as problematic as any used, but what is making me question the most, is that it’s a brand I’ve never even heard of before. This is the first time I’ve heard or seen the name MICMOL. Can anyone give me any Info or personal review of these fixtures?

880DB399-9AEC-4118-A1D8-C5C75FA52E45.png

Edited by Still_human

I used the micmol Smart LED in the past.  It worked fine, but it wasn't trouble-free.  When I had an issue with it the company responded quickly to email and had a new firmware update that I had to open the box and apply to some pins to do the update.  It worked fine and the light worked well after that.  It seems like at the time they were a company who makes lights with the standard emitters and lenses that most blackbox LEDs have, but they do their own logic boards and controllers and accessories that are a step above what the blackbox ones use. 

The light you posted looks like a bit nicer finish than the one I had, but I can't speak to the reliability.