Bulkhead slow drip

TrueTricia

My new tanks bulkhead has a slow drip. I've loosened it, cleaned the gasket, and retightened. What should I do? Cut the pipe and start with a new bulkhead? Really don't want to do that.

I'm really frazzled with this, so any help appreciated.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

How tight do you have it?  What I normally do is get it as tight as I can by hand and then use channel locks and turn it 1/4” more. That normally solves the problem. 

How tight do you have it?  What I normally do is get it as tight as I can by hand and then use channel locks and turn it 1/4” more. That normally solves the problem. 
I haven't used a tool as I've always been told you shouldn't.... But I'll try that! Thanks Eric!!!

Also. Where is it leaking from?  Got a pic or video. 
It's leaking down the outer threads. d431077eb498761b6eb78033782c8c64.jpg

I'd try tightening it some, but I would also have an extra bulkhead on hand if you don't already.  I've had more than one ABS bulkhead or nut crack.  And then your next post will be, Help, it's 10pm and I need a bulkhead!

When you took it apart before, did you happen to check the flange for plastic flashing left behind from the manufacturing process?

Just the middle one?  I would just try some channel locks and turn it 1/4 more. See if that stops it
Eric, that worked!!! Thank you! I'm less panicky now!

@Jon Lazar - I actually did have a spare JIC (sometimes the spare box of reef parts comes in handy). Thank goodness it worked!

This may be a silly question, but are the rubber gaskets on the inside of the glass or on the outside?  From the pic it kind of looks to me like they might be outside, which wouldn't be good.