Vibrant. Does it work??

epleeds

Used it and it did help with bubble algae a little before I had to stop using it. It bottomed out my nutrients too fast and starting browning out my acros and gave me cyano. That said you have a much larger system so it might be easier to use. All in all I didn't lose a single coral even while using it, just didn't like the side effects. Hope someone else has a better review for you.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

I've had both good and bad experiences with it. It works, but.... 

Sometimes I've had horrific cyano that I couldn't resolve without using chemiclean. Once, it let Lyngbia take over, and every attempt to remove the plague would kill fish and coral within five minutes (seriously - the slightest scrub of a small patch would kill at least one fish nearly immediately. It took about a month for me to even correctly diagnose it.  I lost all of my fish and half of my coral before I got rid of it.)

It can bottom out your nutrients, so be prepared to dose nitrate AND phosphate.

I personally now run it with fluconazole and as soon as cyano pops up, I hit it with chemiclean.

Really, it depends on how much you hate bubble algae.

I used it for bubble algae and it worked, took me a little more then 3 months for it to go away I never had any of the problems but I took it slow.  It will kill your chaeto I left mine in just to see what would happen.  I never hand a nutrient problem because 100% of my export was my chaeto and with it going away I didn't have any export.   I did get the starts to Cyano in my sump but I turned the light out and it died out but I never hand any of it in my display.  Would I use it again IDK it seemed to take a lot longer then I would have hoped but i did have bubble algae everywhere.

Just curious for those who had it bottom their nutrients what was you using as nutrient export?

I am currently using it to get rid of hair algae. It took 5 weeks at twice a week dose as recommended by the manufacturer, but the algae (and the cheato in the reactor :sad:) disappeared. As others have mentioned, there is a cyano after-effect for some tanks which I am currently going through, trying not to use chemiclean...we'll see.

Overall happy with the results as the hair algae had overtaken the tank and the urchins, lawnmower blenny and foxface were not doing much to reduce it.

Edited by Yachaq
adding info, typo corrections

Another option is API Marine Algaefix. I've used it twice to get rid of Dictyota algae and have had very good success with it. No harm to anything in the tank except it will eventually kill your caulerpa or chaeto after about 10 doses. Make sure you use as directed and do not overdose. Also continue to use it a couple of weeks after you no longer see the algae. Bubble algae usually starts to disappear around the 3rd week and is mostly gone by the 5th in my experience. It's tough and there may be a little left but it's completely manageable then by manual removal. I imagine if you kept going with it you may eventually get every bit. I stop dosing after the Dictyota has been gone for 2 weeks. 

19 minutes ago, Yachaq said:

Three emerald crabs worked for my bubble algae issues.

I have them but they don’t climb the walls of the frag tank. Hahahah