Sad News

davelin315

Thats sad but i always thought a alligator would get him but never a stingray

This man was my hero growing up. I wanted to be just like him. I'm sure he'll be remembered fondly in all of our hearts, as the man who provided us with hours of entertainment and lessons. . He

What a totally freak thing to happen! Thousands of people have been though Stingray City in the Caymans and have played with Atlantic Stingrays for decades. Divers sometimes have to worry about stepping on them because their barbs can really hurt, but to be stabbed in the chest with one? Yes, I know that Atlantic Stingrays aren't the same as the ones in Australia, but for him to have been "attacked" by one is totally strange and really terrible. A very sad thing indeed.

This man was my hero growing up. I wanted to be just like him. I'm sure he'll be remembered fondly in all of our hearts, as the man who provided us with hours of entertainment and lessons. . He

Sad News.

will the video be release? No, I don't want to see when he gets the barb, I want to see the documentary on the Great Barrier Reef together with the stingray and their habitat. anyone knows?

If there is money to be made, unfortunately, it will be released!

Hopefully she will destroy it, but knowing Hollywood, it will be on the big screen!

Hopefully she will destroy it, but knowing Hollywood, it will be on the big screen!

Thats a rather pessimistic view, but with that being said. It is amazing what Steve did with the money he did make. He is top notch in my book because he not only talked the talk, he put up the money too. (From what I have heard, don't quote me.) Most of the money he made was put back into different environmental conservation efforts. So, if there is money to be made he would probably want to make it so that it could be funneled back into his conservation efforts.

on the other hand, that was his wish during his 2002 interview?

quote: "If I'm going to die," the late "Crocodile Hunter" Steve Irwin said in a 2002 interview, "at least I want it filmed."

not necessarily true. the footage of grizzly man getting eaten was caught on tape and the director allowed the girlfriend to destroy it.

remember, here, we're dealing with non-americans, for the most part. yes, his wife is american born, but basically aussie now. people in other countries have much differen sensibilities about this kind of thing.

I understand the outpouring over his death. It was tragic and very unusual. But then, Steve was an unusual guy and did unusual things to animals. Others have a different view of Steve's legacy:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/australia/story/0,,1865124,00.html

"Marine biologist Dr Meredith Peach has been quoted as saying, 'It's really quite unusual for divers to be stung unless they are grappling with the animal and, knowing Steve Irwin, perhaps that may have been the case.'"

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14694683/