We lost a good one, rest in peace Bob Fenner

davelin315

If you hadn't heard yet Bob Fenner passed away yesterday morning in his sleep.  Bob was an idol to many and a great asset to the hobby.  He'll be misssed by those that were fortunate enough to meet him in person and share time with him as well as those that just knew of him.

How terribly sad. We were so lucky to have him visit WAMAS. My heart goes out to his family. He was clearly a very special person. So kind.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Bob was very helpful to hobbyists through the Wet Web Media website. He will be missed for sure. RIP Bob.

This is very sad.  I have been reading Bobs stuff for many years.  This is a big loss for the hobby and he will be missed. 

He got me started in this hobby with WWM. I always trusted his judgement. Very sad news. 

I, like several others here, considered Bob a friend and, coincidentally, a fellow San Diegan. I saw Bob every year at Macna and, more recently, worked with him a couple times a month, on future conferences.

We met first at a WAMAS meeting after which we drank (too much) beer and ate homemade, brick oven pizza at Chip's (flowerseller's) house. Several of us talked for hours.

Bob was a treasure to the hobby with encyclopedic knowledge and a gentle demeanor. When you talked to Bob, he not only listened, but gave you his full attention, making you feel, in that moment, important to him.

I learned of his passing, like so many others, the day after. He'd missed our online meeting the night before.

I'll miss Bob, but will treasure the memories of times shared.

Such a nice guy, I'm very grateful I had a chance to meet him when he gave a super WAMAS talk after reading all his great advice since the earliest days of the internet. The world is a poorer place without him. 

Thank you for posting the link, Tom.