CP for COVID-19?

AlanM

As said-- a good medicine for parasite infections (protozoal) including malaria and amoebic dysentery in people (and protozoal infections in fish).

Not sure how/why it would be helpful as an antiviral for covid-19.    Hopefully nobody tries this until it is actually looked into more.  There is enough fake cures and treatments on the web already.  It may make the fish meds harder to find though.

Oh dang. WTOP news radio just said something about a couple going to the hospital because they took their fishtank supply in response to the president's claim.

PLEASE DON'T DO IT !!!!!!!

Good grief.  Wonder if he was a reefer that had bought it off ebay or something.  It isn't exactly carried at Petco.  Folks around here have always had difficulty sourcing it from legitimate places, but it was always available on ebay from less legit sources.

Story I read said they found it in the back of a cabinet, recognized the name from the president's press conferences, and dosed a teaspoon in a cup of soda.  That must have been a massive dose of it.  And they didn't even have symptoms of the virus.  They were trying to do it to prevent it.  They must have been seriously scared and not thinking clearly at all.

Like I said, don't actually do this.  I posted it as kind of an amusing thing that science types were looking in to these anti-parasite fish meds for virus treatment.

2 hours ago, YHSublime said:

Don’t you need a prescription?

Sometimes eBay doesn't follow it's own rules to not allow prescription drugs or prescription medical devices. The way something is advertised might made it hard for eBay to realize what is being sold.