rodi waste water

linkfalcon

I wouldn't do it. Why would fish need poorer water quality just because they are FW instead of SW? The suggestions for laundry and garden are good.

I don’t think it’s “poorer” water. Aren’t most freshwater tanks just dechlorinated? Just bc it’s called waste water doesn’t mean it’s bad!

I don’t think it’s “poorer” water. Aren’t most freshwater tanks just dechlorinated? Just bc it’s called waste water doesn’t mean it’s bad!

that's what i was thinking the waste water is still stripped but not as stripped down as rodi water is and as clean

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RO/DI waste water concentrates the dissolved solids separated by the membrane. 20% more concentrated is a good rule of thumb. That may or may not be a problem in FW tanks.

I have a small goldfish pond in my backyard (about 150 gal), I use it to top that off. I have never had issues. It is heavily planted so I feel the pants do a lot of filtering. The only time Iv lost a fish is when a raccoon or something get in. I definitely don’t think I would use it for a small indoor tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can use it for hard water tanks if I recall correctly but need to treat it for black water tanks (or maybe it was the opposite).  Higher concentrations of that which is rejected by the membrane make it ideal for use in a specific type of tank but I don’t remember which.  Honestly, I have used it in different systems as it has no chlorine and the worries in freshwater systems are different than in saltwater systems.

• 2 weeks later...