New Coral Farm in Tonga

About 15 years ago I set up a coral farm in the Solomon Islands. Due to political unrest and a lack of regular cargo space eventually the farm shut down and now no corals are exported from the Solomons. 

Over the years I have looked for a new opportunity to teach locals how to farm corals while supplying hobbyists a new source of maricultured corals. 

About a year ago the king in Tonga declared that within the next few years he would only allow cultured corals to be exported. Currently no one is culturing corals in Tonga. Recently I was able to secure a partner and location in Tonga to start the project. We are awaiting permits that will allow us to begin the farm. My partner in Tonga has been collecting corals for some time and is dedicated to start farming. I am passionate about the project and hope the process will begin soon. 

I will keep you updated.

These are his pics of a few of the corals he is currently collecting for me.

received_2793934720664015~3.jpeg

received_2539687906303585~4.jpeg

received_3015038011864421~2.jpeg

received_608655296640819~2.jpeg

received_1023009471414317~3.jpeg

received_2262984157337280~3.jpeg

18 hours ago, Pacific East Aquaculture said:

are awaiting permits that will allow us to begin the farm. My partner in Tonga has been collecting corals for some time and is dedicated to start farming. I am passionate ab

Super cool!