What’s an appendate bone? I don’t see anything like an apparent appendate bone in the plesiosaur appendage. What is it/where is it?

I don’t know what it actually IS, but someone called it an “appendate bone”, although I don’t know if that even exists, after trying to search for it. It’s apparently part of the appendage, I guess. Here it is.

i dont recognize it, but it gives me an impression of the neck area, or tail.

8F24A5C2-1AFD-4889-8B7C-A9E44B9FEBD8.jpeg

Edited by Still_human

On 12/14/2019 at 2:46 AM, ImGoingCoastal said:

Are you calling us old?! Haha

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Lol

On 12/16/2019 at 7:37 PM, KingOfAll_Tyrants said:

if I could keep one in my tank, it would be awesome.  

are they reef safe?

Lol a plesiosaur? Well, overlooking that they’ve been extinct for like 66 million years, and I’m quite sure you don’t have anywhere near a large enough tank, then you might be able to get away with it, depending on your reef. they’d probably be fine with corals, and any reef tank sized inverts, but they WOULD eat all fish of significant size. 

2 hours ago, Still_human said:

Lol a plesiosaur? Well, overlooking that they’ve been extinct for like 66 million years, and I’m quite sure you don’t have anywhere near a large enough tank, then you might be able to get away with it, depending on your reef. they’d probably be fine with corals, and any reef tank sized inverts, but they WOULD eat all fish of significant size. 

LOL. Maybe someone will make designer plesiosaurs that are small enough for home reef tanks. I think a Lightning Plesiosaur would look really cool. It would have to be trained to eat prepared foods before I would get one, and would have to be compatible with my yellow tang because that's my favorite fish. It would be a big plus if it would eat algae and poop trace elements. If they can revive DNA from an extinct animal to make a living one, I'm sure they can accommodate all of those requirements.

Edited by treesprite

• 1 month later...
On 12/21/2019 at 8:47 PM, treesprite said:

LOL. Maybe someone will make designer plesiosaurs that are small enough for home reef tanks. I think a Lightning Plesiosaur would look really cool. It would have to be trained to eat prepared foods before I would get one, and would have to be compatible with my yellow tang because that's my favorite fish. It would be a big plus if it would eat algae and poop trace elements. If they can revive DNA from an extinct animal to make a living one, I'm sure they can accommodate all of those requirements.

A super-pygmy lightning plesiosaur......I think u may be on to something! I think eating algae and pooping trace elements might be a little TOO much to hope for, one should always try to keep their dreams somewhat reasonable, otherwise they’re just setting themselves up to be let down!

Lightening plesiosaur would be cool, if it doesn't get aggressive. I always wanted lightening clowns, but they are too mean.

On 1/29/2020 at 7:13 PM, treesprite said:

Lightening plesiosaur would be cool, if it doesn't get aggressive. I always wanted lightening clowns, but they are too mean.

Yeah, maroons are jerks! And it seems like very few Lightning’s still have the best looking lightning “strikes”, anymore:(