Big Tank Leak

KingOfAll_Tyrants

So I woke up to find this.(yes it was full last night)  Clearly, there's a leak around 1/4 up from the tank.   I've put all the livestock into the part with water.  

Right now trying to figure out:

1. where the water went (I am in a high rise, and there's no obvious pools or evidence of where it went on the floor)

2. what I can do to mitigate damage to the faux wood floor

3. whetehr I'm dropping the livestock off at an LFS or trying to otherwise save them in a new tank.   (If I stay in the hobby, I'll need to set up an uncycled tank this AM.  40 breeder from Petco and the IO instant bacteria)

My worst fear for sure.  Can u transfer everything into a bin or tub. Like a storage container?  

Doesn't have to be glass. 

I bought a waterhog rug which seems to hold quite a bit of water. 

Run some fans to dry the area.  Hope all is ok in the apartment below.  Eek.

Good luck 

Think I figured out what happened.   Forgot to rehook up my ATS (Santa monica) to the air pump last night.   The ATS works by an airline tube pumping air to the bottom of the ATS.   I noticed the unconnected airline tube leaking water.  It probably leaked in small amounts all night.... until it reached the bottom of the ATS (right where the water line is).   

Trying to decide if I'm just gonna get water or if I'm gonna get a whole new tank.   

Update: no visible water anywhere on teh surface.  Some laminate floor panels like 20 feet away from the tank (far from any water on the laminate flooring surface) is warped (as it often is, as this is the highest traffic part of the house) are warped, and it smells like angry acropora (but then this is the entry to the house so if the whole house had this smell it would be there).

Any recommendation on a company that I could call monday and which could come to Arlington to evaluate this would be appreciated.     

Thanks for the offer..........................have a couple of 30 gal. bins that I'm using. Any idea as to who has a 220 in stock?

Ordered one from Quantum Reefs, should be here by Wednesday, Thursday at the latest. Have fish and corals in bins with powerbeads. Hopefully they'll survive. Thanks for the replies.

Sorry to hear that.  I'll post my experiences with water damage remediation companies:

Serviclean 703-986-3434 - representative was good, they recommended the widest range of remediation, good price

Water Damage DMV - 15715260776 - representative explained what was necessary in good and satisfactory detail.   price was a bit higher

MoldGone - 1-301-265-3720 - recommendedI call them in only if things start to smell, since in their opinion 15 gallons is not a lot of water. (I assume 200+g is a different matter!)  I followed their advice, and though the floor will definitely need to be replaced we have no mold smell.  

Glad to hear the livestock are OK.   Please keep us posted.  

As for me, the tank is now back to regular state.   I've lost almost all my acros, unfortunately, but evertthing else seems OK.  

18 hours ago, xabo said:

there's a drain in the floor behind the tank.

Wow, that's convenient. 

18 hours ago, KingOfAll_Tyrants said:

As for me, the tank is now back to regular state.   I've lost almost all my acros, unfortunately, but evertthing else seems OK.  

I'm glad it didn't turn out to be a worse disaster. Losing the acros is a big bummer, but you can grow more.

6 hours ago, treesprite said:

Wow, that's convenient. 

I'm glad it didn't turn out to be a worse disaster. Losing the acros is a big bummer, but you can grow more.

indeed on both counts.  

Having a drain next to the aquarium is excellent planning.  

Once things stabilize again (ie when the surviving acros grow again) I’ll get a few more (most probably will be replacements.  :)  ).  The green slimer (from another member) and unknown shortcake (from fragfest 18) are fine. Another two acros (a spathulata and an unknown one both from WAMAS sponsors) looks like they’re stabilizing.   But my price pieces (from leishman, madweazel and copps) are all white. :(

Edited by KingOfAll_Tyrants