Angel reef safe possibilities

Still_human

From what I’ve always heard bicolor angels are generally reef safe. Does anyone have experiences? Also, does anyone know what kinds of corals regal angelfish pick on?

If you want a reef safe angelfish, I recommend skipping those and just going straight for Genicanthus angels. They're reef safe and can be stunning. They come in a range of prices too (down to about $35 for Lamarcks). I've had Watanabe, Lamarcks, masked swallowtail, bellus, and black spot angels over the years. They're just phenomenal.

Oh yeah, I know they’re not ideal choices, but it’s about those angels specifically, not just trying to find reef safe angels. The regal can, and would be going into a FOWLR, but I was just wondering, cause it’d b such a beautiful reef addition and tank centerpiece, if at all possible, and I could still make livestock adjustments if it would be the difference.

I'm looking at purchasing two angels from Poma Labs. They're captive bred angels raised on prepared foods. I've been getting pictures from then of the two species, and they look amazing. These guys are known for their customer service, care, and follow up with you. They've got customers with their angels in reef tanks and haven't had problems. I highly recommend them!!! 

On 10/7/2019 at 8:55 AM, TrueTricia said:

I'm looking at purchasing two angels from Poma Labs. They're captive bred angels raised on prepared foods. I've been getting pictures from then of the two species, and they look amazing. These guys are known for their customer service, care, and follow up with you. They've got customers with their angels in reef tanks and haven't had problems. I highly recommend them!!! 

Awesome, thanks so much for the info, I’ll definitely look into it!

I have used to have 5 or so dwarf angels, multicolor, flame, fishers, yellow fin pygmy, in my mix reef, lps, zoas, softy, sps. Was lucky enough that none took any interest in any corals.