Zoanthids?

gioNVA

I always see a lot of them on RC but not a lot here. I'm thinking of setting up a different tank for them since I'd like to keep angels in the big tank. Here's a few of what I have:

_DSC0126.jpg

Got these from OUsnakebyte:

_DSC0109.jpg

My safecrackers:

_DSC0206.jpg

Some blues:

_DSC0125.jpg

I only have small frags at this time but I can't wait for them to grow.

No pics of your RPEs!?

Dave

Gionva

Your second pic of zoo's is amazing. Those are some of the nicest ones I've ever seen. Do you know what they're called? I would like to try to track some down for myself.

Thanks,

Chris

Raf,

Did the green with purple center ones I gave you ever open for you? If not let me know and I'll get you a few more.

I got those from a wamas member. The colors started to take off after Phoenix 14k halides.

Gionva

Your second pic of zoo's is amazing. Those are some of the nicest ones I've ever seen. Do you know what they're called? I would like to try to track some down for myself.

Thanks,

Chris

Hopefully this is not too far off topic:

I've heard lots of people say 14k Phoeninx bulbs are the best for zoo coloration. I've been thinking of going with them when I switch to MH because the 440w of VHO I have just isn't enough for my 30" tall tank.

Do you use any actinic with your 14K?

GreenZoos.gif

GreenZoos2.gif

Hopefully this is not too far off topic:

I've heard lots of people say 14k Phoeninx bulbs are the best for zoo coloration. I've been thinking of going with them when I switch to MH because the 440w of VHO I have just isn't enough for my 30" tall tank.

Do you use any actinic with your 14K?

In the photo I think the actinics were off. I used to run actinics (Icecap 430 with 1 24" VHO and 1 36" Aquablue+) all the time but changed it so:

8AM - 10:30AM - Actinics on

10:AM - 5PM halides on

4:30PM - 8:15PM actinics on

Bob, those are excellent sir! Let me know when you're ready to frag :biggrin:

yeah man, I would love to get a frag of your safecracker. I have a ton more zoos. Too many to take pics of all of them, or i am just to lazy to do it.

Some more--

red_kedds_06_SM.jpg

yeah man, I would love to get a frag of your safecracker. I have a ton more zoos. Too many to take pics of all of them, or i am just to lazy to do it.

Some more--

red_kedds_06_SM.jpg

Wow, how did you get your zoos to grow like that rocko????

i had little frags i jammed into the rocks. When a few would grow on the main rocks i would take out the frag and let the other ones grow at will. I like to have them all together like that. The colors pop better when there is a frag next to is. I have all the orginal frags on the sand bed. You can see a reef disk in the background with the bright orange zoos. They are close to spreading on the main rock. Once that happens i take the disk off the rock and let the oranges grow!!!

How long do they usually take before they start spreading to the rocks? 3-6 months??? I can't wait for mine to start spreading, but I'm interested to find out how long it took yalls to get as far along as it is.

Luciano- You have some awesome frags as well. Great colors on the first 2. Looking good.

n8dogggg- depends on the zoo. Some are fast growers and some are slow. Sorry i can be more help with that.

Wanted to add this frag. I really like these!

bluegreen_zoos.jpg

it depends on the zoas but i have had one frag for a year that started out as 4 polps and a year later almost 100 polypls. Usually the nicer ones with small polyps take longer

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...