Recommendations for local scuba training?

Jon Lazar

We just returned from a week in the Caribbean which featured some excellent snorkeling in Belize and Cozumel.

While we were in Roatan, I also did a discover scuba dive and absolutely loved it.

gallery_267_1752_1188374.jpg

This has re-ignited our desire to get our basic open water certification, so we want to find a local dive shop that provides high-quality training. I've looked online for shops in the Alexandria area and checked out their Yelp reviews, but I'd like to hear from WAMASers with personal experience and recommendations.

gallery_267_1750_159418.jpg

I was trained through my school in partner with a diving company here in MD. Believe it’s called Aquatic Connection Scuba and my instructor was Steve Deem. Great guy. Not sure if they reach out to VA but one of their certification spots is in PA so who knows. Will be getting certified in Cozumel over spring break. Super excited!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hopefully DaveS here on the forums will chime in. He has done alot of Scuba stuff with the members of this forum.

Thanks! We're hoping to hear from DaveS and get an update from Hilary who is also an experienced diver.  We'd like to both be certified by October for a November dive trip.