Image sharing....

sethsolomon

Well just wanted to let everyone know that Photobucket is now charging $400 a year to allow you to share your images on forums and other websites.  So they are cutting off your links until you pay the money.

Some alternative hosting sites:

imgbb

imgur

Google photos

flicker

Wow.  I have a $2/yr or something plan with photobucket that eliminates ads, but that's all.  I had no idea they were going to make that change.  Where did you see that news?  I can still get a link to a pic to embed here.

For instance: WAMAS guys emptying my tank

IMG_20170122_130314_zpsamu6iwur.jpg

Weird. Well, mine still worked above. Wonder if I'm somehow grandfathered in.

dunno I have had my account since 2009.  But I am also not paying money.

People can still set up a WAMAS gallery and host their forum images here.

(edited)

Weird. Well, mine still worked above. Wonder if I'm somehow grandfathered in.

They wont for long; every day they kill more and more links. I moved to Flickr a year or two ago because PB was getting ridiculous with the ads. Didnt save my build thread though :( May as well squash that thing. 

Edited by madweazl

They wont for long; every day they kill more and more links. I moved to Flickr a year or two ago because PB was getting ridiculous with the ads. Didnt save my build thread though :( May as well squash that thing. 

That is too bad because they were the easiest way to link to pics in forums that I have found.  

That is too bad because they were the easiest way to link to pics in forums that I have found.  

I actually like Flickr better so it was kind of a blessing in disguise. 

I actually like Flickr better so it was kind of a blessing in disguise.

Ok. I will check it out.

Nine years with Photobucket. I just deleted my account citing the change in the terms of service as my reason. I didn't use them that much anyway.

For some reason reef2reef pics in their threads will not get broken.  They must have paid some kind of picture ransom to keep it working.

For some reason reef2reef pics in their threads will not get broken.  They must have paid some kind of picture ransom to keep it working.

Idk how much longer that will be if that's the case. I saw a notification saying to switch over to their media sharing.