Looking to borrow... or build?

davelin315

We have a few aiptasia and majano that have made their way into our systems at the Lab, does anyone have a majano wand and/or aiptasia laser we can borrow?  In the alternative, does anyone recall the plans for building a majano wand or an aiptasia laser?  Would be a fantastic build project we could do at the Lab with the kids.

QR used to rent out a wand for around $10 bucks plus a deposit.

Paulb invented them.  He could probably tell you how to make one at the lab.

Thanks Matt, might take you up on that but I think for the time being I'll end up making one at work.  It's a neat project and really shows the kids the wonders of DIY and tinkering around with things.  I may even grown an aiptasia farm and talk about how similar this is to heart surgery based on the Reef Central link (will have to research that more first!).

Thanks Matt, might take you up on that but I think for the time being I'll end up making one at work.  It's a neat project and really shows the kids the wonders of DIY and tinkering around with things.  I may even grown an aiptasia farm and talk about how similar this is to heart surgery based on the Reef Central link (will have to research that more first!).

:ohmy:  LOL. I couldn't resist.