CuC; possibly a good deal

madweazl

Saw this on Facebook earlier and it seemed like a decent deal. Never dealt with the company before but free shipping on prices that dont seem to be inflated caught my eye. Naturally, I just stepped up my CuC two days ago!

Use to be Reefs2go, got mixed reviews from people who ordered from them.

Edited by surf&turf

Never ordered from them but I know some who have from reefs2go and they were all a little disappointed with their orders. I have always had good luck ordering from reefcleaners.org and would recommend them.

I used to order amphipods and copepods from them.  They'd come crawling in bugs.  Insane numbers of little bugs.  I'd dump em all in the tank.  I still find amphipods like crazy years later that I assume came from reefs2go originally.  I've also bought some zoas from them.  They came in just as described, but I never bought anything fragile from them.

Never ordered from them but I know some who have from reefs2go and they were all a little disappointed with their orders. I have always had good luck ordering from reefcleaners.org and would recommend them.

That is where I just ordered from but saw this add tonight so I thought I'd pass it along. Sounds like there may have been some good dumb luck at work :) My additions arrive tomorrow (good excuse to leave work early).

I was looking at both of these sites for clean up crew packages. Am I crazy or does this seem like a HUGE clean up crew for a 90g tank?!?

85 Dwarf Ceriths

29 Nassarius
27 Florida Ceriths
32 Nerites

*** OR ***

85 Dwarf Ceriths

25 Nassarius
23 Florida Ceriths
16 Nerites

22 Assorted Hermits

Does this seem about right to people? My clean up crew is a lot smaller than this.

I use to use them a few years ago... They were really good until they changed there computer system up. They sent me an order that died on my porch while I was on vacation.. Even after I told them not to send it ( several days in advance). I had a credit from them for several $100 dollars that I left there for several years becasue I was still so pissed. So a few weeks ago I broke down and used it just to bring my account to 0 and be done with them.. 

The pods are decent never had an issue with them.. Just to use up my credit I ordered several zoas and a few shrooms and odds and ends.. One of the Zoas that was supposed to be 3 polyps came with 1 that still has not opened... the other was supposed to be 10 and maybe 6 are there... ( LOL looks nothing like the pic) the third set was ok. The shroom did not match pic.. Oh got an orange fan sponge that I am pretty sure was  exposed to air... still watching that one.. Nothing I have ever ordered from them has been worth the price or the hassle.. FYI they have been using the same stock pics for several years... Your piece will most likely not look like the pic. Just my 2 cents... There are several local LFS and Online retailers that have higher quality offerings.. IMO

I've used them a lot over the years (back when they kept fish too), but it's always hit or miss... okay mostly miss, but they're so cheap I keep going back. (You really get what you pay for here) The cost and hassle probably ends up being worse than if I were to purchase a more expensive, healthy CUC elsewhere. But I'm cheap and forgetful. Their customer service is always nice, but I tend to be dealing with them on every order for something or another.  In their favor, I've never received any unwanted pests, or had disease show up after an order. 

I have gotten a ton of zoas/palys from them, which when they run their 50% off deal tends to be a pretty good buy. Again though, some don't make it on every order (either dead, dying, or missing altogether) and they credit me back, which I then spend on more... and the cycle continues. 

Another thing to consider is the free 2-3 day shipping in our area. Zoas and cuc are really the only things that make it for me. Any worms, macro, or other corals don't do so well as this tends to be 3+ days if you deliver to your house. Pick up at a fedex location for better luck, but still don't risk certain critters to chance. 

And now I'm thinking of ordering again.  :unsure:

Reef2go Bogo pods were the bomb

I bought 8000 of them. My fish love to hunt. That's the only thing I would order from them. Seeing as they are no longer a website mite have to try this place

Reef2go is now this place

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk