How much is too much.

Joshifer

I google my questions before asking on here. But I can't get a straight answer.

How much coral is too much coral?

People say they don't count against the bioload if their just eating light.

People say they do count against it.

People say they help the bioload.

Can you have too much coral? Not about space or territory issues. But on the system itself. Not calcium and all that. I mean the actual nitrate/bioload system system.

It's never enough (spoken from a coral addict). My thoughts are if the livestock you have such as fish are not crowded and swimming space than go for it. Of course you wanna give them room to grow but as long as they not fighting each other (stinging) I see no problem. I love the look of a stocked tank with little to no rock showing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think you can have too much coral other than the reasons you indicated.. room to grow, spacing, cal/alk, lighting needs etc.. I have seen some totally packed Nanos and other tanks...

I don't think you can have too much coral other than the reasons you indicated.. room to grow, spacing, cal/alk, lighting needs etc.. I have seen some totally packed Nanos and other tanks...

Another question. I have a 7lb rock doing my filtration on the 6G pico. Doing a great job on the clown pair.

If I were to upgrade to let's say 25G. And keep the same livestock just the two clowns. And the CUC. Does that increase in water need more rock to filter? I'm not upping the bioload just the water itself. My problem with upgrading is I don't wanna go thru that whole rock hunting and monitoring again.

Another question. I have a 7lb rock doing my filtration on the 6G pico. Doing a great job on the clown pair.

If I were to upgrade to let's say 25G. And keep the same livestock just the two clowns. And the CUC. Does that increase in water need more rock to filter? I'm not upping the bioload just the water itself. My problem with upgrading is I don't wanna go thru that whole rock hunting and monitoring again.

Technically not.. same bio load same rock should be fine.. however we all know that a 25g with only 2 clowns isn't gonna last long haha... you will want more fish... you could add a small amount of dry rock and let it become established over time...

Technically not.. same bio load same rock should be fine.. however we all know that a 25g with only 2 clowns isn't gonna last long haha... you will want more fish... you could add a small amount of dry rock and let it become established over time...

Nah every other fish I like gets too big. Tangs triggers etc. if I were to add something probably a goby or an azure damsel. I had them with clowns before they never faught. As for dry rock. That won't set off any mini cycles or anything would it ? Or leech phos

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Joshifer

I like coral more then the fish. It's like my own little water world I created. I wanna upgrade so I can get more coral lol. Plus 2 clowns in a 6G isn't a forever thing.

People on nano reef are telling me wash my sand in a bucket with a garden hose before transferring. That makes me very uncomfortable it's less then a month old live sand. That never gave me any problems. Isn't the chlorine in the tap gonna kill everything.

I mean the furthest I'll go with cleaning that sand is running it thru a pasta strainer with tank water Into a bucket.

Edited by Joshifer