YHSublime's Home Nano

Well,

Here we are. I had been looking for a Nuvo for a while, and one popped up, so here it is. Originally the plan was to grow the work tank by 10 gallons, but then I decided the work tank was fine as is.

It's a 16 gallon nuvo. I'm treating it the same as the one at work, and only running sponges and water changes. Possibly carbon in the future. I have added 5 different anemones, 3 of them RBTA's, and 2 of them some sort of rainbow BTA's. They are still figuring out the lighting and area. There are three different types of gorgonians in there, as well as a few zoanthids. The zoas will end up in the work tank, and I plan on seeing how many anemones I can keep. The lighting is stock, so is the pump. I'm not running a heater, but there is one in there.

Anyways, I know what all you filthy animals want:

DSC_0111_zpsgdlqgfxr.jpg

DSC_0139_zpsfpeahmi5.jpg

DSC_0118_zpscb3zxscq.jpg

DSC_0130_zpsdzddmqu5.jpg

DSC_0119_zpsdm6vhvhh.jpg

DSC_0134_zps5omhf37f.jpg

DSC_0135_zpswi8nq8dz.jpg

DSC_0136_zpssfadb8hl.jpg

DSC_0138_zps0hgft1bo.jpg

Love that clown

Thanks! That's on of Fazios originals. It's got a platinum spot/dot on the other side, but it refused to turn around. There were no nems in the tank when I got it, and it's been in hog heaving going back and forth to them all.

I also have a Fazio original in my work tank, paired with a what was dubbed "whitewalker" clown fish from Operation Reef Ready. The two have been clearing the rocks lately, but I don't think the babies would be anything special.

Sweet

Cool! I like the gorg and rbta combo. Fun little tank, gonna have nice motion to it.

On the gorgs, I see the grubes and ribbon...what's the third? 

This is making me miss my nuvo 16. Looks great and I agree, that clown is gorgeous.

If you ever need a kick, you know how to find me.

Sweet

Yes sir.

Cool! I like the gorg and rbta combo. Fun little tank, gonna have nice motion to it.

On the gorgs, I see the grubes and ribbon...what's the third? 

Thanks. No idea!

Got to ask.. How are you cycling these so fast.  You got this after my 2.6 gallon and its already up.  Maybe I am just being to careful

Got to ask.. How are you cycling these so fast. You got this after my 2.6 gallon and its already up. Maybe I am just being to careful

Already cycled. Bought used.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like youve learned how to do good aquascaping from the 15 other tanks you have had. lol. Looks good man.

Looks like youve learned how to do good aquascaping from the 15 other tanks you have had. lol. Looks good man.

Thanks! I've not counted how many tanks. A lot. Simple is always best, IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

looking really nice. I miss having a nano tank now.

Looks great!  I love the simplicity of it all.  No skimming, no heating, no extra chemicals...no problem!  Just good clean water changes.  Amazing

Glad to see the RBTAs doing so well. 

Tell me: for the photos, are you using a lens filter or any post-processing?  Few photos from my own tank have that kind of color saturation.

Matt

looking really nice. I miss having a nano tank now.

I don't know, I miss having a tank your size! Grass is always greener...

Looks great!  I love the simplicity of it all.  No skimming, no heating, no extra chemicals...no problem!  Just good clean water changes.  Amazing

We will see how long it stays simple. I have a habit of complicating things up, but out of sheer laziness and some occasional hands on time, I imagine it should be OK.

Glad to see the RBTAs doing so well. 

Tell me: for the photos, are you using a lens filter or any post-processing?  Few photos from my own tank have that kind of color saturation.

Matt

Thanks Matt. There are several in there, I've been collecting over the past few weeks. So I use a standard stock lens that comes with the Nikon, and I've made sure to edit my white balance. I also find that a lower exposure helps with the color pop, which I'll sometimes tweak post, but I always try to make it as close to what you see, and never use saturation.