Quantum Reefs

Sad Panda

Wanted to buy a tank. Called all other LFS that would answer the phone on a Monday and the only place that could get me a 180g RR tank said it would take 6-8 weeks. I called Quantum Reefs and spoke with Steve (I think it was Steve) he said "no problem I can have it here by Wednesday". Of course being of an untrusting and suspicious nature I jumped in my car and went to see him in person. (An hour from my house). I have never been to this store before. Walked in and spoke with him again and he said "yes, this Wednesday" so I made the purchase. Then all of a sudden my credit card began making a whining noise in my wallet as if it needed to be let out. (This store has a ton of stuff). I began walking around the store picking up items and piling them on the counter. Steve (Ok sorry I hope it is Steve, Asian gentleman about 35) came out and helped me with any questions I had and kept me from buying a couple wrong items. Then I saw a text from my wife asking where I was and my credit card dove for the safety of my wallet, and just like that my adventure was over.

If you have not been to this store....Go. They have lots of things in stock that I thought I would have to order online like Bulk BRS DI resin, Apex probes and modules filter socks rock coral.....the list goes on and on. Plus it was a great time to comb through all the items and deal with the people there.

Yep, my favorite LFS and they are a wamas sponsor as well. They have a lot of dry goods in stock and the dry goods are the ones hobbyists are interested in, not the typical junk you see in other stores.

Just a warning that a 180g tank is a pain to put in the back of your truck. 8)  I got one from them and rented a truck and borrowed the WAMAS suction cups to go get it.  You've been to their store recently, so you know they don't have lots of space in the store so they'll probably want you to get it in a hurry.  Better start making arrangements to schlep it. 

Already have suction cups and a truck. They said they will have people to help load it when I pick it up. But thank you for the warning anyway.

Bringing extra people wont hurt. Also have a few at the house waiting or riding with you will be key.

I have to pick it up on my way to work so I have no one to take.

Does that make you a ..... Sad Panda?